PDA

View Full Version : Inserting pictures

Ron Wright
03-21-2006, 8:18 PM
I guess the machine is smarter than I am. I read Aaron Koehl's explanation of how to attach a picture, however when I go to upload the picture following Aaron's directions, I get a "This Page Can Not be Displayed" message. Is there something I am not doing? Please assist.

Steve Clardy
03-21-2006, 8:29 PM
Try refreshing the page again. Do not preview, or the pic will go into orbit somewhere. Also having some software problems lately around here.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-21-2006, 8:33 PM
Ron ....depending on the type of file you're trying to upload, there are some size limits that will produce that same message. Go to the support forum and read the sticky written by Vaughn McMillan. He give some pretty good instructions on loading photos.

Good luck!

Ron Wright
03-21-2006, 8:44 PM
I get a Zip Error message that the zip file is corrupted. It seems I can't win for loosing.

Jim Becker
03-21-2006, 8:48 PM
Ron, ZIP files are not valid picture files. Generally speaking, JPG are best for photos. Keep the file size below 100kb and I recommend that the physical size in pixels be no wider than 640-700 pixels to avoid forcing folks to scroll their browser window.

Ron Wright
03-22-2006, 7:37 AM
The Zip error was when I was trying to download the picture re-sizing shareware from the web site suggested in an earlier thread. I was not trying to post a zip file. I think it was just the gremlins of the electrons. I will try again from home tonight.