PDA

View Full Version : Delta 17-965

Dave Richards
03-21-2006, 7:30 PM
Well it seems like a nice drill press so far. The head is pretty heavy and my back may be sore tomorrow but I got it onto the column.

Last night I helped a local Creeker put his together. We both found that the cover over the pulleys was broken. I can't speak for Gary but I managed to get through to a CS person at Amazon in less than a minute and he is placing an order for a replacement. We'll see how long that takes. One word of advice regarding Amazon and replacing parts. Take a minute to come up with the part numbers for the parts that need to be replaced. In the case of the this drill press, the labels for the top cover are not included in the part number for the cover itself. Since I wanted my new drill press to look like a new one, I made sure to ask for those labels, too.

BTW, Tyler's gonna hang me by my thumbs but I promise to post pictures of my gloat.

Helen Gee
03-21-2006, 11:30 PM
ours was broken too from shipping, but we waited more than 30 days to put the thing together :confused: so Amazon kindly pointed us to Delta's CS so hopefully that comes soon as well.

Dave Richards
03-22-2006, 6:30 AM
I hope they come through for you.

Here's the requisite photo to satisfy the Picture Police. In the background you can see the old Atlas/Craftsman I've been using. Hopefully I can find the parts to fix it up.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/weekender410/DSC02806.jpg