PDA

View Full Version : Ot

Mike Stanton
03-21-2006, 1:55 PM
Who makes the saturn cars? I just got a 95 wagon with twin overcams and it gets great gas milage 35 or better Mike

John Branam
03-21-2006, 1:57 PM
I have a Saturn Vue, they are Gm cars.

robert W HENDERSON
03-21-2006, 1:58 PM
General Moters

Wes Bischel
03-21-2006, 7:34 PM
Mike,
Saturn is a division of GM as others have stated. Your '95 is a stand alone platform that was Saturn only. The new Ion and LS models are standard GM platforms developed by Opel. The Ion shares the platform and running gear with the new Chevy Cobalt among others. The SL series, of which your '95 is a part, was developed in the late 80's/ early 90's by Saturn. I think it is the last year of the original body style - reskin of the original platform was in '96 (which also added OBDII which you shouldn't have to deal with).

Saturn no longer has a dedicated Engineering or Design departments. I believe it is all done by GM's Small car team. Unfortunately, Saturn is no longer free from the GM bureaucracy - it's now part of it. Sorry, rant mode off.

We have had three Saturns - a '92 and two '96's. Our current '96 was purchased with less than 20K on the odometer a few years ago - yep, a little old lady drove it to church and the super market.:D

OK too much info.

Wes

Rob Russell
03-21-2006, 10:42 PM
So - ah Mike - you trying to stir up the pot by posting OT stuff in the General Forum!!!???;)