PDA

View Full Version : NOW $321.99AR - Delta 37-275X X5 6" Professional Jointer delivered for $379.99

Brian Parker
03-21-2006, 1:30 PM
This is for those of us who are on a bit of a space and money budget and still want a good jointer....

Short Story:
Delta 37-275X X5 6" Professional Jointer delivered for $379.99 after two rebates on Amazon

Long Story:
Holy shnikies! I was just looking for a book on Amazon and went through some of the saved items in my cart to see if the shipping was free on them yet. I had the Delta 37-275X X5 6" Professional Jointer in the cart and I figured why not give er a try. Yesterday the jointer required a $150 delivery fee with the 10% coupon and still has the rebates. The first rebate is from Delta, you can either get a free belt sander, router or a cool 100 beans. The second is a $100 from Amazon. I’ve read the details and it appears that this is legit.

I’ve been looking at the Ridgid Jointer because of the price and also the 1hp motor. The Ridgid comes out to $374.49 after taxes, so its about a $6 difference. I’m thinking of going with the Delta and opinions of if I am right or should I look at the Ridgid again? :confused:

scott spencer
03-21-2006, 1:33 PM
I'd go with the Delta at that price. It has a larger fence, rack and pinion fence adjustment, stem mount switch, and closed base.

Ron Wright
03-21-2006, 2:57 PM
Thanks for the heads up Brian. I was waiting until this weekend for the Chantilly VA Wood Show to try and purchase the Delta X5 6 inch jointer. When I saw your thread, I jumped on the offer. I called just to make sure they were not "spoofin" and they were not. Now all I have to do is wait:mad: . $379.00 is much better than $579.00 and it should be here in a week. Now I have a couple of $ to spend at the show!

Brian Parker
03-21-2006, 3:14 PM
Ron, I'm happy to help others spend their money. Afterall its just returning the favors for when others post deals on here. :D

This is nice for the fact of no tax and I save money not having to take the truck out :cool:. On the other hand as you so pointed out there is the waiting factor involved here:( .

Oh well it will come soon enough....now to get on either Grizzly's or Hartville Hardware's and get some more locking casters for the base that I'm gonna make for it.

Rob Blaustein
03-21-2006, 4:23 PM
Sounds like both are good. FWW did a review a while back of 6" jointers and really liked the Ridgid. I can't recall what they said about the Delta.

Brian Parker
03-22-2006, 10:51 AM
Rob,

I don't subscribe to FWW but I did find some of their previous artices on the web in various places. Are you speaking from reading the article on the net or are you only aware of the magazine art.

I've already ordered it and proab won't cancel it at that price, merely curious.

Brian Parker
03-23-2006, 7:26 PM
Ok I just had mine ship today and I see the price has droped to $521.99. There is still free shipping and the Amazon rebate is still valid along with the Delta one. I called them up and in less than a few minutes the nice customer service lady set up a refund for the $58 making the final price $321.99 Delivered!!! In case you need it the 800 # to call is 800-201-7575

Brian

George Kretschmann
03-23-2006, 10:28 PM
That's a "Gloat" Brian....;)

Tom Araya
03-24-2006, 1:21 AM
I didn't pull the trigger on $379 because ... 'Where do I
put that thing in my small garage ? "

I did pull the trigger at $321 and thought to myself
"I'll make it fit in the small garage" :)

Rob Bodenschatz
03-24-2006, 1:49 AM
Just ordered mine too.:D

Brian Parker
03-24-2006, 6:34 AM
George, yes..yes it is a gloat :D I was a little hesitant even at $379 with the market being flooded with used 6” jointers. The $321 made me sleep better last night. Afterall that saves more money and while its not quite 50% (actually 44.48%) off of the original price that they were advertising and I feel good about the purchase.

Now I say that I have all of the tools that I need for a while but I'm sure something else will come up....always does.

Jeff Monson
03-24-2006, 8:45 AM
Thats a heck of a deal, I paid $550 for my delta x5 about 6 months ago, its a really sweet jointer.

Ron Wright
03-24-2006, 9:02 AM
I ordered mine shortly after Brian posted his thread. This morning I called back and got the additonal $58.00 taken off the bill. $321.00 for the jointer delivered! The no tax, shipping savings, and the rebates more than paid for the casters I ordered, and still leaves a few $$ to spend later today at the Chantilly VA Wood Show :D . The Jointer has shipped and I am expecting it next week. Picture Gloat will follow. Thanks again Brian for the heads up.:)

John Kain
03-24-2006, 9:28 AM
God help me. I just pulled the trigger as well. Delta 6" X5 including the mobile base for $321.99 (free delivery)!!!!

LOML will absolutely kill me. Hopefully I can hide it under a tarp or something.

What a day!:D

Rob Bodenschatz
03-24-2006, 9:35 AM
John, are you saying the mobile base was included in that price? I ordered both last night and while it initially appeared they were throwing it in, further examination showed I was charged $99 for it. Did I miss something?

John Kain
03-24-2006, 9:39 AM
John, are you saying the mobile base was included in that price? I ordered both last night and while it initially appeared they were throwing it in, further examination showed I was charged $99 for it. Did I miss something?

I ordered mine over the phone and the rep said the mobile base was included in the $321 price............

She said she manually needed to go in to their computer and remove the $99 fee for it.

Brian Parker
03-24-2006, 9:47 AM
Before I call them tonight I was wondering if anyone else had Johns luck.

I just went to Amazon's site and clicked the 'buy both & save' link and it came up as the base costing $99. I'm not a huge fan of Delta's bases but free is free.

/I don't see how you can buy both and save; the MB is $99 by itself so how does one save?

//I think that John got lucky and got a newbie on the phone or something.
But I'm not complaining I got an X5 for $322 (Big Grin).

John Kain
03-24-2006, 10:44 AM
//I think that John got lucky and got a newbie on the phone or something. But I'm not complaining I got an X5 for $322 (Big Grin).

You might be right. I think chances are, they'll realize the mistake and try to charge me for it. I don't want it if I have to pay for it........

So far so good, no charge for it yet.......

Rob Bodenschatz
03-24-2006, 10:56 AM
Ok, I just got off the phone with Amazon. It appears there is a screwup online in that the "Buy together" offer really doesn't mean anything since you can get the mobile base at $99 whether you buy the jointer or not. That isn't supposed to happen and the rep acknowledged that. He said he was going to have the marketing department look into it and contact me about this so I assuming they're not going to give me the free base. We'll see.

Brian Parker
03-24-2006, 11:06 AM
Rob,
Keep us posted about that base there. Afterall they might have a few of us calling requesting our free base if it turns out that way. I've found that Amazon is very image concious and is willing to do alot to keep a good image. Sometimes you will get the freebie that they offered a day after you ordered or sometimes you wont but I like when they give those promo codes out :D

Tom Pritchard
03-24-2006, 2:56 PM
Well Brian, I jumped on the wagon this morning too:D ! I called my wife at work, told her about the $521.99 sale price and the $100 Delta, $100 Amazon rebate, and free shipping, and she told me to go for it!! What an amazing deal. A 6" Delta X5 jointer delivered for $321.99. Unbelieveable. I was going to hold out for a Grizzly 8" jointer down the road, but this will allow me to buy a Festool router AND a very good 6" jointer for the same money as I would have spent on just the jointer. Ahhhh, life is good!:D

BTW, no free mobile base. I did talk to a Amazon Tool salesperson, and he said there was no such deal that he could see.

John Kain
03-24-2006, 5:45 PM
Seriously Brian, Delta should give you a commission for starting this thread.:D

Rob Bodenschatz
03-24-2006, 5:59 PM
How are they gonna do that? They just got finished giving away jointers. ;)

Rob Wilson
03-25-2006, 12:11 AM
Check your gold box. My Amazon Gold Box had an additional $25 off!!!

Brian Parker
03-26-2006, 8:43 AM
Sorry for not keeping up here I’ve been a bit busy these past few days….

Tom:
I’m glad to have contributed to another purchase and to think your wife gave the go ahead. Might I suggest that you give John a tip or two that’ll help him from hot having to hide his X5 under that tarp ;)

John:
Delta might have revoked that 5% commission that I was due to receive on all of these orders (5 that I’m aware of) but I got em back. I called Amazon and got my free mobile base sent out even though my order shipped.

Everyone:
If you weren’t aware fellow SMC member Paul DePetro made a post about how the Tool Crib catalog says that through the end of May you get a free mobile base. Here’s the link to the post Here’s the link to the post (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=33618). A word to the wise I tried the 800 number that Paul listed is for orders only. The main customer service number that they gave me was 800-884-9132 however that is the basic 9-5 Monday through Friday service number. The 800-201-7575 seems to be answered at all hours. I just called at 7:30am eastern time and they took care of me.

Now I have a problem…I got a mobile base on the way and I also have a bunch of angle iron and locking casters that are cut and ready for welding so I guess I’ll just sell the delta base.

Brian

Matt Guyrd
03-26-2006, 2:10 PM
Greetings...first time poster to the Creek, although I have lurked for a few weeks (just recently stumbled on to this great resource). Because of this thread's topic, I pulled the trigger on the 37-275X and wanted to share my experience.

I ordered the jointer and mobil base on Amazon's website. The total was $629.97 with free shipping. After the order was placed, I called Amazon's customer service (800-201-7575) and indicated I had purchased the two items with the understanding that the mobil base was free. I further explained that I was charged $107.98 for the base. The customer service agent looked into it and indicated that the base was, indeed, suppose to be free. My account was credited and the total price for the jointer, mobile base, and shipping was $521.99. Subtract the $100 Amazon and $100 Delta rebates and you have a nice 6" mobile jointer with a 5-year warranty for $321 delivered. NICE!

Be pleasant to the customer service agent...it goes a long way. I did not have to tell her where I saw or heard of the free mobil base, however, I was prepared to tell her about the Amazon.com Jan/Feb 2006 catalog info provided by Paul in the other thread.

So, I have you all to thank for this great purchase! I was teetering between the Yorkie 8", Yorkie 6", and the X5. As much as I wanted the 8", the X5 deal was too good to pass over. I likely would have gone with the Yorkie 6" over the x5 if I could not get the mobil base for free (it is included in the Yorkie and Wilke is not too far from my home).

You might check on the Amazon rebate, I think the purchase must be completed by the end of today (3/26/06). Maybe they will extend it?

Thanks again!
Matt

Bruce Page
03-26-2006, 6:49 PM
Greetings...first time poster to the Creek, although I have lurked for a few weeks (just recently stumbled on to this great resource). Because of this thread's topic, I pulled the trigger on the 37-275X and wanted to share my experience.

Thanks again!
Matt

Matt, congrats on the new jointer, and welcome to the Creek!

Matt Day
03-26-2006, 8:43 PM
Well I decided to pony up and get in on thiis great deal, and did the same thing that Matt did. Unfortunately, the woman I spoke to didn't speak all that great English and since it didn't say specifically online (apparently they don't have the catalogs???:confused:) that the mobile base was free, she had to forward my concern on to the marketting department. I should get an email from them in the next 1-2 business days. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks again for this heads up Brian, I've been on the fence about a jointer for a while and figured this deal wouldn't come along again for a long time. Great way to spend some tax return money! :p

Tom Araya
03-26-2006, 9:58 PM
I called Amazon, the other phone number that was posted.
Seems like I got an Indian dood... probably the off hours
customer support that most companies farm out ti India.
In these cases you have to clever when talking to them
to make them understand.

Anyways, it took me a while to clown the guy to give me
the free mobile base. The key to success was;

There is a special in the catalog to buy a Delta X5 and
get a free mobile base. I bought the Jointer so give me
the base. // rofl // I even quoted the catalog number and
pager number that was posted here, that was the clincher.

Since my Jointer order was placed days ago and in
the queue for shipment, he had to place a new order
and he did charge me $9.95 for shipping. It's all good.

Rob Bodenschatz
03-26-2006, 10:23 PM
Matt Day, the EXACT same thing happened to me, twice. I've mentioned the print ad, dealt with them pleasantly, and pushed them pretty hard. No deal yet. We'll see what happens in 1-2 days.

I will say this, I've yet to be let down by Amazon and I've bought A LOT of stuff from them. Hopefully this'll turn ok and I'll get my free base. If not, I'll cancel my Powermatic PM2000 order and get it from Woodcraft.

You know what, screw it. I'm gonna call them again right now...

Bear with me...

Ok, they've got it on record that I've been calling them every day. They <nicely> said, knock it off and let us look into it. Fair enough. Then he said marketing is looking at the issue AT THIS VERY MOMENT. Should hear back in a few hours.

So, until I hear back from them I don't wanna hear about anyone else getting any free base. Keep it to yourself. ;)

Mike Priest
03-27-2006, 12:14 AM
I had to do it, it means peanut butter and jelly for lunch for the next year but I now have a jointer on the way.

513.79 delivered with mobile base. -200 in rebates and Im out for 313.79

Thanks a bunch for the heads up

M

Brian Parker
03-27-2006, 6:42 AM
Tom & Rob:

Since it was the weekend I got a hold of someone who spoke very broken English myself. The original person thought that I wanted to order another jointer even though I gave them my order number, so after a few times of trying to get them to understand that I was asking for my freebie I asked to be transferred to a manager. The manager spoke a English a bit better and after I explained to them that I ordered it on the web and it wasn't giving me the free mobile base with the 'buy both & save' option that I only ordered the jointer because I didn't want to pay for the base which should be free. They created an order for the mobile base costing me $0.00 (free) with a s&h fee of $9.99. I told him that this should be sent out free also since my original order was indeed greater than $25. He then refunded me $9.99 on the jointer order so I guess that can be considered free. :D

Matt Guyrd
03-27-2006, 7:45 AM
Hmmm...I guess I got lucky with the Customer Service agent I spoke with...although she was clearly Indian, she spoke and understood English well enough. When I presented to her that I should get the base free, she did take the better part of 10 minutes to research the claim. Not once did she ask me any questions though. It was that simple...told her I thought I was to get a free base, she put me on hold for 5-10 minutes and came back saying I was correct and credited my account.

Also, I noticed in my Woodcraft magazine that a Delta mobile base was free (much like the ad in the Amazon catalog mentioned by Paul in another thread). So, this appears to be a Delta deal, not an Amazon deal...maybe this is why the customer service people are confused. One might mention this if they are still having trouble getting the mobil base for free.

Bruce...thanks for the Creek welcome.

Good luck to those trying to get the base...remember, the squeaky wheel gets the oil!

Matt

Rob Bodenschatz
03-27-2006, 11:33 AM
FINALLY!!!

I still haven't heard from the marketing folks but I called the tools dept phone number today. I got the "I'm not supposed to do this but..." and he refunded my $99 for the mobile base. Persistance pays.

It's supposed to be here tomorrow.

Tom Araya
03-27-2006, 11:47 AM
"I'm not supposed to do this but..."

I got a similar reaction I'll make this exception once :rolleyes:

I don't get it, if it's advertised in the catalog then comply or die :p

Brett Baldwin
03-27-2006, 1:53 PM
Well, I got sucked into this vortex too. Brian, you sure have spent alot of my money recently.;) I teetered over the edge just in time last night to still qualify for the Amazon matching rebate. I also had a problem with the mobile base being charged to me and here was how I finally resolved it. I went to customer service first and they spent about 8 minutes coming up with nothing so they had me call the Tool Section (1-866-660-8114) and the rep. there had it solved inside of a minute. He said the base was supposed to come with the tool and there should have been a code to put in to remove the charge for the base. He had to credit my card instead of changing the order, even though it hasn't shipped, but the final price came out $521.99 before rebates. I'll be sure to add my picture to the thread that is sure to develop once all these jointers start being delivered. Mine is estimated for next week.

P.S. I do appreciate these heads-up Brian but I may have to just skip over your posts soon, my bank account will start hitting the "E" mark if I don't.:eek: ;)

Chuck Trisdale
03-27-2006, 2:56 PM
I dont see where it is crediting me for the rebates. Did they go off last night?

Rob Bodenschatz
03-27-2006, 3:08 PM
It doesn't happen automatically. For the Delta rebate, you need to print the form & mail it in. You can do the Amazon rebate online.

Go back to the item and you should see a link on there that will take you to the rebate forms.

Rebates are always a little bit of a hassle because they're counting on a certain percentage of people that forget to take advantage of them.

Matt Day
03-27-2006, 3:38 PM
Sweet, I got the free base! Just got this in my Inbox:

"Thank you for contacting us at Amazon.com.

I have investigated your order and can assure you that this
promotional offer was applied to your order.

The remaining $521.99 will be charged to your credit card."

Chuck Trisdale
03-27-2006, 3:48 PM
Crud. It looks like the purchase date had to be yesterday for the Amazon rebate. This is cut and paste for the rebate form. I am going to call, but would you get it for 100 more?

Promo ID: 06-45341

Valid Purchase Dates: 3/17/2006 to 3/26/2006

Last Submission Date: 4/26/2006

Brian Parker
03-27-2006, 7:31 PM
Matt,

I'm simply trying to return the favors for all of the deals that others have posted. My deal with Amazon was if I can sell 10 I got mine free but I think I missed the mark by a few hehe. Jk about that but serioulsy why pay full price when you can spend a few minutes online and save enough to almost buy you another new tool. I think that I'm done on big purchases now but then again those small ones add up pretty quickly too.

John Shuk
03-27-2006, 7:35 PM
I have the ridgid and I like it alot. It also has a lifetime warranty. I like the hand wheels and the parts and instructions are really packed well. If you buy it you'll see. I think the Delta is nice too though. I'm a big delta fan as well.

Brian Parker
03-27-2006, 7:53 PM
John,

I looked long and hard at the Ridgid, I think it has a 3yr warranty, this has the 5yr warranty. The Ridgid has the open base vs the delta closed. I don't know how the fence of the X5 compares to the Ridgid but I'll post pics when I get it. Both have the 1hp motor and seem to be a great buy and people who own both seem to be very happy. I just got this one because it was cheaper and had the longer warranty. I too liked the dual wheels on the Ridgid, I have alot of Riddid pneumatic equipment and I absolutely love it which is why I considered their jointer. I do like how the Ridgid is available in HD for me to pickup...but then there is that evil thing called tax.

John, I'm curious do you have the ridgid planer? I like how it has the depth stops built in and would consider it if I didnt have one already.

John Shuk
03-28-2006, 4:50 PM
Brian,
I don't think you can go wrong with either one. I'm not a big fan of tax either.
John

Dick Strauss
03-28-2006, 5:12 PM
Folks,
Don't worry about Delta's rebate timeliness. I purchased a delta lathe before Christmas and received the rebate check in less than 4 weeks. Needless to say I was shocked. I'm used to having to hound companies for 16+ weeks to finally receive rebates when they state "allow 10-12 weeks".

I wish I had seen this deal a a few days ago...!

Good luck and enjoy!

Rob Bodenschatz
03-28-2006, 10:20 PM
Free base...

:)

Something to put on it... between 1 and 4 tomorrow.

Matt Guyrd
03-29-2006, 10:42 AM
Sweeeet...that's a nice looking FREE mobile base you have there, Rob! :D

You placed your order last Friday and got your base yesterday?? And the jointer is coming today? That's damn good shipping time. I placed the order Sunday and it looks like the base it out for delivery today...we'll see. But the jointer doesn't show any signs of delivery until next week sometime. Hmmm. Maybe they will surprise me.

Keep us posted on the jointer's arrival, including how it was shipped, the condition of the boxes, etc.

Matt

Matt Day
03-29-2006, 12:24 PM
That's some quick shipping time! You ordered it on Friday and it's going to be at your place tomorrow? My ship date was Monday and it's scheduled to be here April 4-6. Oh well, I've got other things to do and I'm glad I got such a good deal, it can wait.

Rob Bodenschatz
03-29-2006, 2:12 PM
I ordered it on Thursday. If you think that was quick, they could have delivered it Monday but I wasn't available to accept it until today. The jointer actually comes in two boxes. Two separate carriers, too. I'm getting one today. Not sure which one.

Matt Guyrd
03-29-2006, 3:22 PM
Looks like a similar delivery scenerio will unfold for me too. The base is at the house waiting for me. I'll be meeting ABF tomorrow for one of the two boxes. The second box will be delivered by Eagle, I believe (according to Amazon). No ETA at this point. Would be a treat to have all boxes before the weekend.

I'd be interested in hearing how the setup procedure goes for all who bought this jointer. I downloaded the manual from Amazon (located in the Digital Locker) for a preview. Setup looks to be straight forward. I know I have read articles about setting up and/or tuning up jointers, e.g., check the bed and table for flatness, square, height in relation to blades, etc.

Anybody have a plan in place to check for accuracy (maybe a topic for another thread?).

Matt

Rob Bodenschatz
03-29-2006, 3:41 PM
Well Matt, since I now have the mobile base and the top, why don't you just bring your base up here & we'll have a complete jointer. ;)

Tom Pritchard
03-29-2006, 6:53 PM
Let's see...a $579 jointer for $521, that's $58.00, plus a $100.00 Amazon rebate, plus a $100.00 Delta rebate, plus a $109.00 free base = $367.00 in savings, cost of jointer $321.99 !!!!!!!!!!!! I saved more than I paid!!!

I called today and the Amazon rep was polite and helpful. He had to call me back (which he did in about 1 hour) and when he did he told me that I was correct about the base, it was in stock, and he already shipped it out. What a wonderful company!!

Thanks to all who posted help here. SMC has saved me $367.00 this week!!!!:D

Tim Armstrong
03-29-2006, 7:07 PM
Let's see...a $579 jointer for $521, that's $58.00, plus a $100.00 Amazon rebate, plus a $100.00 Delta rebate, plus a $109.00 free base = $367.00 in savings, cost of jointer $321.99 !!!!!!!!!!!! I saved more than I paid!!!

That's what I keep telling LOML - 'but honey I saved hundreds!!' Somehow when the cc bill comes it just doesn't matter. :rolleyes: Seriously, I got this jointer a little while back on another good Amazon deal and look forward to using it this weekend.

BTW, Tom - I'm held up in the Rochester Holiday Inn Airport tonight - first time here. Sorry I'm not able to get out and see your city a bit more, this is an in and out trip I'm afraid. I'll barely leave the airport grounds.

Rob Bodenschatz
03-29-2006, 7:20 PM
Not to beat a dead horse or anything but this was on the jointer box I just got:

Tom Pritchard
03-29-2006, 9:05 PM
That's what I keep telling LOML - 'but honey I saved hundreds!!' Somehow when the cc bill comes it just doesn't matter. :rolleyes: Seriously, I got this jointer a little while back on another good Amazon deal and look forward to using it this weekend.

BTW, Tom - I'm held up in the Rochester Holiday Inn Airport tonight - first time here. Sorry I'm not able to get out and see your city a bit more, this is an in and out trip I'm afraid. I'll barely leave the airport grounds.

Hey Tim, pretty cool you're here in old Rochester, NY! It's a pretty drab time of year right now, but you ought to see it in May when all the Lilacs bloom in Highland Park! We have a huge Lilac Festival every year that's become quite an attraction.

There's also Pittsford Lumber, where they carry some pretty nice hardwoods and tools.

Good luck with your jointer this weekend. They're delivering the first part of the jointer to me on Friday, and the rest on Monday. I can't wait!

Brian Parker
03-29-2006, 9:11 PM
Rob,

Does this mean that there is a MB included in one of the two jointer boxes? If so eBay is gonna be flooded with them.

On a side note I have a mobile base for this for sale now.... I had already started fabing one up when I got wind of a free base.

Tom Pritchard
04-08-2006, 12:38 PM
I just sent in the Delta rebate for this jointer, and on the rebate form it asks that the UPC label from the box be included, as well as the original sales receipt! I tossed out my box when I uncrated the jointer:eek: , but luckily I tore off the Delta label that was on the box and had the UPC code on it! Whew:D !

I hate rebate forms! The only easy one I've dealt with so far is the Amazon rebate. Simple to fill out, nothing to mail.

PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS REQUIREMENT IF YOU BOUGHT THE JOINTER AND WANT THE DELTA REBATE!
:eek: :)

Brian Parker
04-08-2006, 1:40 PM
I don't recall seeing that on mine, I just had to list the serial # of the tool and select which of the 3 items i wantd, router, sander or $100.

John Kain
04-08-2006, 3:19 PM
Here she is!

Perfect right out of the box. No scratches. No adjustments needed.

Tom Pritchard
04-08-2006, 3:24 PM
I don't recall seeing that on mine, I just had to list the serial # of the tool and select which of the 3 items i wantd, router, sander or $100.

Brian, go back and re-read the PDF file for the Delta rebate. It's marked on the form to send the UPC code from the package. I attached part of the form here and put the part about the UPC in red print.

<SUP>Please Print
Name:
Address:
City/State/Zip:
Phone: ( )
Retailer Name:
City/State/Zip:

Select your choice of a CASH REBATE or FREE TOOL. One selection only.
TIER 1
$100 CASH REBATE
Model 352VS 3" X 21" Variable Speed Sander
Model 690LR 1¾ Peak
HP Router
TIER 2
$250 CASH REBATE
Model 7518 SPEEDMATIC® 3¼ Peak HP Five-Speed Router
Model TP400LS 12½" Portable Planer with Stand
TIER 3
$500 CASH REBATE
Model 31-300 6" Belt/ 12" Disc SANDING CENTER®
Model 46-715 14"
Cast-Iron Lathe

Send this completed form, your bill of sale and the UPC from the box to:

Advertising Checking Bureau • DELTA X5 ® FREE Tool Offer • P.O. Box 1919
Memphis, TN 38101 • (901) 346-9941

Terms and Conditions: This is not a game of chance. Valid only for product purchased between 7/1/05 through 5/31/06. Rebate must be postmarked by June 30, 2006. DELTA® Machinery is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected or illegible materials. Promotion materials must be obtained legitimately through authorized DELTA® Machinery channels and retailers. Fraudulent submissions may result in prosecution, fines, penalties, damages or liability and may be pursued to the fullest extent of the law. Offer valid only for product end users who are legal residents of the U.S.A. and is not available to
DELTA® Machinery distributors or resellers. DELTA® Machinery reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to alter, change, terminate, suspend or otherwise cancel the promotion at any time for any reason. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. Each participant agrees to release and hold DELTA® Machinery, its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents representatives, and it subsidiaries, parent companies and other affiliated companies harmless from any and all damages, losses, claims and/or liabilities arising out of their participation in the promotion.
Please allow 4–6 weeks for delivery of your cash rebate. If you do not receive your cash rebate in 6 weeks, please call
(901) 346-9941. PLEASE RETAIN A COPY OF ALL SUBMITTED MATERIALS FOR YOUR RECORDS. For rebate status,
please visit: www.acbrebate.com/delta

91-979
</SUP>

Brian Parker
04-09-2006, 9:29 AM
AHHHHHH!!! I can not belive that I missed that on the form. I just hope that they send me a form back saying that I forgot to incude it and to enclose a copy for them. Might anyone have a digital copy of their UPC that they could send me? (ahandyguy@gmail.com)

I'm kicking myself for this.

Brian

Matt Guyrd
04-09-2006, 11:02 AM
Funny...I did the same dang thing...threw out the box, but was able to retrieve the label from the trash can...needless to say, I was relieved to find the UPC on the label.

Just put the finishing coat of Butcher's on my bed and fence. I'll run a few test pieces today. The bed and fence appear flat (as flat as my straightest framing square, anyway. I did have to adjust the pulleys for them to line-up and adjusted each of my stops, 45-90-45.

I know Brian had scratches on the bed from the casting on the bottom of the fence (correct me if I am wrong, Brian), as I did too. It appears that there are a few areas that the fence rubs on the table. I am assuming this is normal...can anybody confirm? I can take some pictures if it would clarify. I waxed the table and the bottom of the fence where the two touch. Maybe this will help. For what it's worth, the scratches are very light...I cannot feel grooves in the metal surface, so it doesn't concern me too much. I just thought it was unusual that the fence would touch any part of the bed.

John...in your picture, it appears as though the jointer is sitting ON the mobil base versus sitting IN the mobil base. Is it this way for a reason?

Matt

John Kain
04-10-2006, 8:39 AM
John...in your picture, it appears as though the jointer is sitting ON the mobil base versus sitting IN the mobil base. Is it this way for a reason?

Matt

It's just easier getting it in and out of the space I have with the pedal facing toward the front. I'll turn the thing once I get more space..........

Ron Wright
04-10-2006, 10:20 AM
After I got mine put together it appeard that there were several blemishes on the infeed table that looked like they had been buffed out. I do not have a guage currently that will tell me if it is completely flat, but it appears OK. The fence does scratch a place about two inches wide just on the outside of the blades on the outfeed table. Also my fence is not completely secure. If you are looking at the jointer from the front the fence rocks a little from left to right (up ^ and down V). This is the best I can describe it here. Is there an adjustment I missed to correct this?

Brian Parker
04-10-2006, 10:37 AM
Ron,

I'm not sure if you had the same problem as I did but I found that the allen head bolts which they supplied to attach the fence with were a bit on the short side. I had problems getting the bolts to catch the taped part of the fence. I took some metric hex head bolts which grabbed a good half inch into the fence and assured me that it will hold a lot tighter than the appx 1/8" grab of the supplied bolts.

HTH

Matt Guyrd
04-10-2006, 11:15 AM
John...fair enough...I can surely related to the limited space issues!

My fence, in two scenerios, rides on the table. I am trying to determine if this is by design, or not. Seems as though it is, according to Ron's message (he has the same markings on the outfeed table).

When in the 90-degree stop position, part of the fence casting rides on the bed. And, when the fence is slid towards the front of the jointer, the fence bracket (the part that attaches the fence to the carriage) rides on the table too.

Ron...the only time my fence rocks up and down from end-to-end is if the fence carriage handle isn't tightened. I particularly notice it when I roll the jointer across the floor and I forgot to tighten the carriage handle.

I jointed the maiden piece of wood, a 4 ft cherry board with a bit of a twist in it. Knocked it down to a flat face, then jointed one edge. Will run it through the planer tonight. So far so good.

Matt

John Kain
04-17-2006, 8:39 PM
Alright, it's been a couple weeks and I know at least 5 of us ordered them.

How are they working for you? Like I said, mine was perfect after set up. After about approx 30 feet of face planing 1X6s it developed some scrapes, but nothing a sander or finishing plane can't take care of in a couple seconds.

Matt Guyrd
04-18-2006, 8:40 AM
I have about 20' of cherry face planned and edge jointed. So far, I am please with this jointer, although admittedly, it is my first. I have noticed two ever-so slight (and I mean it has to be in the right light to see) ridges about one inch apart that run the length of the board. I can feel them too. But one pass with a hand scraper and it's a smooth as a baby's behind. Nice finish.

One thing I am working with, though, is the inability to get my fence to stop dead-on at 90-degress. I have set and reset the 90-degree stop. But, I can consistently move the fence from any position to the 90-stop and it can be slightly out. When the fence hits the stop, the fence moves a bit, so when I tightened the handle, it could be out of square a degree or two. I just need to check it with a square each time I move the fence back to the 90.

Any thoughts?

Matt