PDA

View Full Version : Old machinery...

Phil Phelps
08-11-2003, 3:44 PM
Next door to my shop is a couple who do pottery and clay works. When they bought the building several years ago, the owners left behind a few machines. They are Hall & Brown machinery from St. Louis. I had no idea they had these relics. I'd like to get the band saw running. The other two are probably lacking too many parts. They are using the table saw for a dining table.

Lee Schierer
08-11-2003, 3:51 PM
The reason he left them is because they weigh too much to move them. Good luck getting them to run. Just remember, Phingers, there are no guards on that bandsaw!

Kevin Gerstenecker
08-11-2003, 7:40 PM
Neat old relics Phil. I would be neat if you could get a few of them back in operating order. You may be able to get parts and advice from someone regarding these machines. Here is a link to a Website that has a lot of information and pictures of old Woodworking Machines. I have ran across the Hall & Brown name many times at this site. Here is the link for ya:

www.woodmachines.com (http://www.woodmachines.com)

John Christiansen
08-11-2003, 9:39 PM
Next door to my shop is a couple who do pottery and clay works. When they bought the building several years ago, the owners left behind a few machines. They are Hall & Brown machinery from St. Louis. I had no idea they had these relics. I'd like to get the band saw running. The other two are probably lacking too many parts. They are using the table saw for a dining table.

"Old wood working machines" is one of the best sites on the net to glean information for restoring old machinery.

Here's a link to some data about Hall and Brown machinery. Surf around from there to find out more. http://www.oldwwmachines.com/MfgIndex/detail.asp?ID=411

Personally, I'd get my hands on every piece of it, if the price was right. But then, I enjoy mechanics as much as wood working. Real American iron, gotta love it!

Curt Harms
08-12-2003, 3:53 PM
will tension a 1" blade! ;)

Steve Clardy
08-12-2003, 4:19 PM
Bandsaw looks like my old 20" that I have. I use it to resaw, run 1" and 1 1/4" blades on it. Have a 3-phase 2 hp motor on it. It gets a little contrary some times, sure would like to make some ball bearing guides for it some time.
Amazing what you can run across sometimes.
Steve