PDA

View Full Version : Gi 50-260

Bryan Rocker
03-20-2006, 10:10 PM
Good evening folks, I have been looking around at table/cabinet saws for awhile. I originally looked at the Sears 22124 as the lead saw but then I looked at Grizzly, General, Delta. Today I took a road trip down to Cincinatti. I looked at a wide range of saws. Mostly General, Jet, Delta, and a PM. I was hoping to put my hands on a shop fox but they only order the Shop Fox Cabinet saws in as they need them. My question is this, they have a General Int 50-260, with the 50"+ rails but it doesn't have the wood extension piece nor the support legs, it have everything else (does not include mobile base). My question is this, for 1,350 how does it stand up against an Delta 3hp X5 with a Bies fence for 1670(includes moblie base)? I didn't want to go above 1,000 orignally but I keep coming up to around 1500. The Griz 1023 is also on my very short list, at 1380 for the 7' rails I just wonder if the Delta is a better buy with a 5 year warranty? ON a side note Denny's in Middletown Oh is having an Event 7,8 April, supposedly some pretty significant discounts will happen that day.......

In doing some digging and shopping I just found a LH or RH 3HP Delta X5 Cabinet saw for 1495 before the $100 rebate, free shipping.......