PDA

View Full Version : Workshop Buddies- It doesn't get any better than this

Dave Anderson NH
02-21-2003, 2:39 PM
Here's this mornings' gang from the Neanderthal session. My grandson Aaron, HRH Otis, and me.

Chris DiCiaccio
02-21-2003, 3:26 PM
Dave, Thats a great looking woodworker you have there helping you. I have three small grandboys and they all love paw paw's shop. Keep making those memories.

Doug Edwards
02-21-2003, 4:24 PM
Can't wait till my grandson is old enough to hang out in the shop (he's only 5 mo.). My son (13) shows no interest in anything that doesn't have a joystick or a mouse attached.:p

Dave Anderson NH
02-21-2003, 4:48 PM
Aaron has been asking about working in the shop for about 6 months now. Last fall my son had a parent-teacher conference at the school. After he came home he called me that nite and told me that when the teacher asked the kids what they wanted to do when they grew up.... Aaron told the class he wanted to work in grandpa Dave's shop and build furniture. Needless to say, I'm one PROUD PROUD Grandfather.

Dr. Zack Jennings
02-21-2003, 4:51 PM
Aren't Grandchildren Great? Welcome to the Creek. You need to add your Avatar image to your profile so that it shows up on your posts. <p>

See this thread (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=277)

I made an Avatar image from the photo you posted. Just copy it to your computer and follow the directions on the Link. These features are nice.

Ted Shrader
02-21-2003, 5:10 PM
Originally posted by Dave Anderson NH
Here's this mornings' gang from the Neanderthal session. My grandson Aaron, HRH Otis, and me.

Dave -

Nice looking group. I see Otis has the prime spot.

My grandson is 2½. Not quite old enough to start with the tools. He sure does like to "help" with his own tools, though.

Ted

Dave Anderson NH
02-21-2003, 5:17 PM
Zack, I was actually going to do a photo for the avatar that had me shaven. I will post one tomorrow when I figure out what I want to do. I appreciate the effort however.

Bob Lasley
02-21-2003, 5:40 PM
Dave,

You are indeed a very lucky man. My son used to be at my side no matter what I was doing until he turned about 13. His son is due into this world around the end of May. I hope to someday have that little guy at my side in the shop.

Bob

Terry Hatfield
02-21-2003, 6:13 PM
Both of my children are interested. Katie (12)is the shop rat and turner. Payton (16)is doing well with his own wwing. He will be competing in the state VICA cabinet building competion in the Spring.

Enjoy them while you can.

Terry

Lee Schierer
02-21-2003, 8:22 PM
It's great to have grand kids and kids in teh shop. I enjoy every minute I spend with my kids and look forward to having teh grandkids help in teh shop. My granddaughter has already discovered that Grandpa keeps a bag of neat sized and shaped wood blocks where it is easy to find.

Howard Rosenberg
02-22-2003, 1:50 AM
nm

Dave Hammelef
02-22-2003, 9:04 AM
Looking good