PDA

View Full Version : I just Love it

Andy Hoyt
03-20-2006, 4:42 PM
When a guy augers himself deeper and deeper into the bottomless thing we call home.

I spent the weekend tuning up some of my (expletive deleted) tools, tumed up my neighbors "inexpensive plane". Then I cleaned up my metal lathe/mill/drill press so I can sell it. When it's sold I'll use the funds to get a real woodworking lathe instead of trying to use the metal lathe.

Don Baer
03-20-2006, 4:44 PM
I'm tired of all of the bowls I try to make turning into frisbies...;)

Gary Max
03-20-2006, 4:47 PM
We should of bought stock in a lathe company or even better started making and selling lathes---as another one slips over the edge
--------WELCOME-----------

Cecil Arnold
03-20-2006, 4:49 PM
All Right Don, I knew you would see the light sooner or later--sooner is better.

Don Baer
03-20-2006, 5:28 PM
Don't get me wrong. The machine served me well for its intended purpose. I bought it in 98 when I had my own business and needed some brackets made for a client. A machine shop quoted me $1400 so I bought the machine made the brackets and still made a nice profit. Since i closed the business and rejoined corporate america it was just sitting there gathering dust. I decided to try my hand at wood turning and it was good enough to convince me that turning was something that I would like to do but it was also frustrarting not being able to get proper chuck for it, not being able to fit a spur drive for it, not having a proper tool rest. I decided last week end that if I'm ever to get any better I need to get the proper tool. So it's time to move on and upgrade. I need the room in the shop so I am getting rid of this 450 lbs beast and upgrading.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-20-2006, 5:31 PM
We should of bought stock in a lathe company or even better started making and selling lathes---as another one slips over the edge
--------WELCOME-----------

Trouble is even if we formed a company.....designed a good lathe......Andy and everybody else wouldn't be able to agree on a color for the new product!:rolleyes: :D

Don Baer
03-20-2006, 5:39 PM
Just as a side note. I just got a call from a guy who wants to come and pick up the machine so I guess I need to start shopping...:D

Andy Hoyt
03-20-2006, 5:42 PM
How about Parisian Taupe?

Hey Don - I'm guessing that you've been doing this spin thing and hanging out here long enough to have already formulated your own opinion as to what model of Grade A Canadian White Iron you're gonna get.

Right?:D

George Conklin
03-20-2006, 6:19 PM
Hey Don,

I'm just up the road from you if you want to try out some different lathes before you buy. I have a PSI a Jet mini and a Nova DVR.

Let me know.

George

Don Baer
03-20-2006, 6:22 PM
Hey George,
Good call. I'm over in California this week but will be back in AZ next week. I'll give you a shout.

Bernie Weishapl
03-20-2006, 6:34 PM
Welcome to the crowd Don. I know your going to enjoy it.

doug webb
03-21-2006, 2:41 AM
How about Parisian Taupe?

Hey Don - I'm guessing that you've been doing this spin thing and hanging out here long enough to have already formulated your own opinion as to what model of Grade A Canadian White Iron you're gonna get.

Right?:D

Was looking at Harrison Graduate write ups today and ran across an article that said all Power Matics sold in England were ...........White!!

Pete Jordan
03-21-2006, 6:50 AM
Was looking at Harrison Graduate write ups today and ran across an article that said all Power Matics sold in England were ...........White!!

I'm confused!!!

Andy Hoyt
03-21-2006, 7:05 AM
I've always I liked those Brits. Now I know why!

Ken Fitzgerald
03-21-2006, 7:11 AM
You gotta start thinking Andy.......lemon delight ice cream......lemon delight ice cream.......repeat after me.......lemon delight ice cream....

BTW Andy....................detonation should be drawing near......my advice.....hunker down..........

Andy Hoyt
03-21-2006, 7:19 AM
Wouldn't that be bonker down?

Ken Fitzgerald
03-21-2006, 7:21 AM
Quein sabe?

Andy Hoyt
03-21-2006, 9:10 AM
Umm, errr, huh?