PDA

View Full Version : Please help...TOOL DOWN!

Jerry Strojny
03-20-2006, 3:25 PM
Alright folks, here's the situation. I have a 25 year old 5-in-one tool that I got last year. I in no way use it as the "heart" of the shop, but I did like some of the "tools". The jointer, (I hope to buy an "real" one this year), the 12" disc sander, drill press....and even the lathe are tools that I enjoyed having until I can replace with "real" machines. Last week it stopped changing speeds. I didn't hear anything "break", the wheel that you turn just got real easy to turn. So there is only the lowest speed now.:confused:
So I took it apart, bad choice. Now, I not only can't figure out how this dial is connected to the adjustable pully thing, I can't get the collet back over the shaft with that massive spring!! (Need more hands but super tiny to not get in the way.)
Any suggestions? It would be great if I could get it back up and running.:)

Doug Edwards
03-20-2006, 3:58 PM
Your unit appears to be a near identical Shopsmith clone. In many cases the Shopmsith parts and directions will work identically with the clones. I would take a look at their website for more information and to determine what model yours will match up to. You might give them a call and see about parts and/or directions, but they are not usually happy to help fix others products.