PDA

View Full Version : "Locks-of-Love"

Joe Mioux
03-19-2006, 9:12 PM
While I was in a posting mood this evening I thought I might show you what kid #3 did this week.

She donated her hair to the Locks of Love program. Her hair will be mailed off and will be used to help kids who have lost their hair.

This is Jennifer. I am quite proud of her. First pic is a before and second is after.... she had some really long hair. The beautician cut off 12 inches. Ten inches is the minimum required for the program.

Dave Ray
03-19-2006, 9:30 PM
Joe, you have every reason to be proud. Jenifer is a beautiful girl doing a beautiful thing. This is a little known project, but it has great impact on the kids that benefit. Thank you Jenifer for giving and Joe for posting. :) :) :)

john whittaker
03-19-2006, 10:32 PM
Way to go Jennifer !!! :) :) :)

What a great thing to do. Keep up the good deeds.

Mark Cothren
03-19-2006, 11:04 PM
Joe, the smile on that young lady's face has gotta be worth a bazillion dollars!!!! I know you are proud, as well you should be.

Miss Jennifer, that was an excellent act of generosity! Congratulations to you!

Vaughn McMillan
03-20-2006, 2:42 AM
Joe, that's a very big thing for a little girl to do. As Mark said, the smile says it all. Major props to Jennifer, and you have a lot to be proud of.

- Vaughn

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
03-20-2006, 2:45 AM
Jennifer, you are really a great girl, way to go!

Joe, looks like you are doing one heck of a job there raising a great kid!

You sir, have reason to be proud!

Cheers!

Peter Stahl
03-20-2006, 6:43 AM
Give her a big hug and kiss for us. Way to go Jennifer!

Jim Hager
03-20-2006, 7:53 AM
I teach kids about her age and just older than Jennifer. 99% of them would not be mature enough to donate a part of themselves so others could benefit. Most kids at that age are very self-centered. Way to go Jennifer and way to go dad for raising such a good kid.

Jim Becker
03-20-2006, 9:52 AM
Good kid, Joe. I wish I had the language to explain this to our girls, but I don't know enough Russian and they are not far enough along with English yet. They truly don't understand the concept of donating anything and even give us grief over it when we do. I hope that will change and they understand why personal giving is so important...as your beautiful daughter so wonderfully demonstrates.

Lou Morrissette
03-20-2006, 10:27 AM
Joe,

You have every right to be proud of your daughter. This is a great program and Jennifer's contribution will make some kid very happy.
Way to go, Jennifer!!!:D

Lou

John Miliunas
03-20-2006, 11:02 AM
A huge CONGRATS to Jennifer for such a wonderfully unselfish act of kindness! :)

And, as for you, Joe...You done good, my friend. You donereal, real good!!! :D :cool:

Dave Richards
03-20-2006, 11:45 AM
Congratulations to Jennifer. My wife has done it a couple of times. I like the long hair but this is a great reason to get a hair cut.

Dennis Peacock
03-20-2006, 12:13 PM
Congrats to Jennifer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe, I can see that proud papa smile all the way from Conway, Ar.!!!! Give her a big ol' hug as we know kids that sure could use that hair due to the medical treatments they've been getting. Thank You!!!!

Bob Swenson
03-20-2006, 12:34 PM
Way to go Jennifer, how MAGNANIMOUS (BIG WORD)
I would like to contribute but it all fell out!
Bob

Jim O'Dell
03-20-2006, 1:19 PM
That's wonderful, Jennifer. I can see you dad just beaming!!! We're all proud of you, too! Jim.

Bruce Shiverdecker
03-20-2006, 4:52 PM
That's Great Jennifer. I used to rag my son about his long hair till the day he came by and it was about 12" shorter. When I asked what happened, he said that it had gotten long enough to donate. Talk about blown away! You, my son and the others who care so much about those going through tramatic times have my respect and admiration.

Bruce

Jerry Olexa
03-20-2006, 6:09 PM
BOTH of you should be very proud.. That's a wonderful, unselfish act.....Wish more would be like your daughter..

Jerry Clark
03-21-2006, 10:08 AM
Jennifer, you are so COOL! :D

Robert Mickley
03-21-2006, 10:12 AM
Sir I salute you!!! you have a wonderful daughter. Just goes to show all is not lost yet.

Joe Mioux
03-21-2006, 7:41 PM
Hey this is Jennifer and :) THANK YOU :) for all the nice letters you have sent my father and I. It took awile to read :eek: but they where really kind letters and not all people take time out of there lives to just send me a letter.and Iwill proplay do it again but I still need to grow it out again. It took awile to grow it out but another little child woud problay need it more then I do and what kind of a girl like me needs all that hair anyways?
So :) THANKS:) again for all the letters

Love,
Jennifer

P.S. Tell my my dad to bulid me a bookcase .:rolleyes:

Vaughn McMillan
03-21-2006, 7:49 PM
...P.S. Tell my my dad to bulid me a bookcase .:rolleyes:
Joe...you heard the lady. Get busy!

Jennifer, thanks for posting, and for being the kind of person you are. :)

- Vaughn

Charles McKinley
03-21-2006, 8:24 PM
Hey Joe is that bookcase done yet?

Jennifer you have done a wonderful thing. I will do it for the third time some time this summer.

Jim Hager
03-21-2006, 8:31 PM
Hey Joe, get crackin on that book case and make it a very special one with good lumber, great craftsmanship, and wonderful finish.:D There you go Jenny

Chip Olson
03-22-2006, 2:51 PM
Much as I hate to be a wet blanket here, I feel compelled to note that Locks of Love may not be the best place to donate hair. The <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locks_of_Love">Wikipedia entry</a> has more on this; in short, most of the hair they receive gets sold, and they don't meet the Better Business Bureau's standards for charity accountability.