PDA

View Full Version : Comparison shopping for a 12 inch Compound Mitersaw

Bob Weisner
03-19-2006, 8:36 PM
Hi:

Is there any website that did a comparision of Compund Mitersaws? I was looking for a 12 inch compound mitersaw. Looked at the Ridged, Dewalt and Ryobi. Any opinions as to which one was the best overall?

Thanks,

Richard Wolf
03-19-2006, 8:54 PM
Bob, The three that I see every day on job sites are; Dewalt, Makita and Bosch. I have 3 Dewalts and one Bosch, I tend to like the Dewalts better. These are all slide compound saws which I think are worth the extra money for the extra capacity.

Richard

Walt Pater
03-19-2006, 9:27 PM
What Richard Said, but I've never had good luck w/ Dewalt. Two Boschs (10" slider, 12" FB) and a 12" Makita slider. I have had really good luck with Bosch's service department, never used Makita's. Both the Bosch FB and the Makita slider are bang-on accurate, came out of the box that way. I think that the Makita might be a better value than Bosch, maybe... Also, as much as I like the company, the factory blade that came with the Bosch was a JOKE, but the Makita's was at least passable. That's kind of a big deal, since good 12" chopsaw blades can run over $150.00.
As to side-by side comparisons, somewhere on the Taunton Press website, there should be an archive of FHB's chopsaw comparison article. I don't remember what issue it was in.
HTH, Walt