PDA

View Full Version : I could cry....

Michael Gabbay
03-19-2006, 5:02 PM
Ok, this is really dumb. Yesterday I was working on fitting some inset drawer fronts. I was trimming the edges with my shoulder plane on an older bench hook. Well after the third pass something felt a little wierd. I looked and the side of the shoulder plane and there was a nice little scratch along the side. There was a screw tip that had just passed through the bench hook where the hook is attached. :(

So now my new LN large shoulder has a nice little scratch about one inch long on the side. Fortunately it is not very deep and I should be able to rub it out on a 4000 grit stone.

Needless to say I replaced all of the screws on the bench hook with shorter screws.

Mike

Steve Clardy
03-19-2006, 6:07 PM
Ouch!! Guess its broke in now.

Charlie Kocourek
03-19-2006, 6:21 PM
There is an upside. Now anyone who sees it will know that you actually use your planes.:)

Dennis McDonaugh
03-20-2006, 8:54 PM
Michael, sorry about your plane. My tools take such a beating I should just whack them up against something when I take them out of the box and get it over with.

Michael Ballent
03-21-2006, 6:46 PM
Some folks call that character ;) Performance is not reduced at all. They are meant to be worked, not collect dust :D

Michael Gabbay
03-21-2006, 7:10 PM
Hey guys thanks for the grief counseling :D . I'll probably leave it the way it is. I have other more important things to deal with, like polishing the backs of some new LN chisels (stealth gloat) and some plane blades.

Mike

Steve Clardy
03-21-2006, 7:56 PM
ohohoh OH!!!!:eek:
A stealth gloat with no pics!!!
Wheres Tyler:confused: :confused: :confused:

Michael Gabbay
03-21-2006, 8:03 PM
Dang! Caught by the stealth gloat police!:mad: Honest office I have proof!!! :D

I guess I'll have to break out the camera....

Steve Clardy
03-21-2006, 8:10 PM
Better hurry!!! Tylers coming!!

Kurt Forbes
03-27-2006, 1:38 PM
My dad used to tell me to throw a load of cinder blocks into the bed of my new pickup truck also. Breaks in the like new apprehension.