PDA

View Full Version : Creeker visit....Pete Jordan

Steve Ash
03-19-2006, 4:50 PM
I found out that creeker Pete Jordan is from nearby Mason and gave him a call to see if he'd like some company. Turns out Pete and I both went to Michigan State University at the same time. Pete is a turner and has one beautiful lathe. He was kind enough to put a piece of wood in his lathe and let me do a little turning. I know very little about turning but I was impressed by his lathe. My turning (pictured) is less than impressive however.

Here is the man and his machine.......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/GardenBay/100_1634.jpg

Bernie Weishapl
03-19-2006, 4:53 PM
Looks like you had a good visit. Had fun is the main thing. Now what are you waiting for Steve. I think you would look good standing behind you own mustard machine.

Cecil Arnold
03-19-2006, 5:14 PM
I'll second what Bernie said.

Steve Ash
03-19-2006, 5:33 PM
Now what are you waiting for Steve. I think you would look good standing behind you own mustard machine.

2 things Bernie:

1.) I am just a poor building contractor and could never afford a machine like that.

2.) That smile on Pete's face is that he is probably laughing inside at my attempt at turning and that I should stay with flat work.

John Hart
03-19-2006, 5:37 PM
I bet you could BONK something with that there first piece-o-work!;) It doesn't have a finish on it...does it?

Pete Jordan
03-19-2006, 7:05 PM
Not a bit!

I was very impressed. I turned your bonker into firewood in no time after you left.

Pete

Jim Dunn
03-19-2006, 7:07 PM
Bonking firewood huh? Is that how you beat the fireplace into submission?

Steve Ash
03-19-2006, 7:27 PM
It doesn't have a finish on it...does it?

Apparently it does now....charcoal briquet, or maybe ASH :D ....and I was sure my bonker was going to be a contender.

Bruce Shiverdecker
03-19-2006, 7:40 PM
NAH, Steve. You need to have another go at it, till you get it so that you like it.

Bruce
(stealth greasing of the slippery slope here.)

Jim Becker
03-19-2006, 8:23 PM
Sounds like a fine time! Visits, on either end of the stick are great.

Pete...another free bonus avatar... ;)

Pete Jordan
03-19-2006, 8:53 PM
Sounds like a fine time! Visits, on either end of the stick are great.

Pete...another free bonus avatar... ;)

Jim,

Thanks for the Avatar. I did not know what one was until Steve explained it to me today. I tried to edit it but it told me the upload failed but now it is showing. Got Me?

Thanx again,
Pete

Jim Becker
03-19-2006, 9:26 PM
NP, Pete...and that was a good picture to make an avatar from...good smile and a background that I could blur out nicely. Enjoy!

Ken Fitzgerald
03-19-2006, 9:32 PM
Steve.........That looks pretty good for one's first turning. It's like anything else....takes time and experience! I'll tell you one thing....it's a good thing that I gave up smoking........A guy couldn't afford to have two addictions at the same time!

Ernie Nyvall
03-19-2006, 10:33 PM
Looks like a nice visit Steve. I do believe you are at the edge of the vortex though. Wether you go for yellow or not, your starting the slide.:D

Ernie

Tyler Howell
03-20-2006, 9:51 AM
Visits are great. Keep em coming;)