PDA

View Full Version : The skew is progressing

Gordon Achterhof
03-19-2006, 1:58 PM
The practice is starting to pay off. If you want to you can call the second picture a bream bonker. You use it gently with thumb and forefinger to bonk a bream after he tries to steal the cricket. Lots of little bream in my back yard. Distractions and more distractions.

Cheers
Gordon

John Hart
03-19-2006, 2:12 PM
Definitely a bonker Gordon...Nice one at that! Hows come it ain't in the Bonker Contest Thread??

Great Backyard!!!!:) :)

Rich Stewart
03-19-2006, 4:51 PM
Whatcha doin' makin' them little bitty things when ya got a machine like that? If I could afford one of them I'd be makin' salad bowls that just won't quit. Big GIANT stuff. Stick a piece of wood on that thing. Mine wasn't that clean when it came out of the box.

Bernie Weishapl
03-19-2006, 4:55 PM
Looks pretty good Gordon. Master the skew and the rest is easy.

Jim Dunn
03-19-2006, 7:20 PM
That's the most expensive sharpener I've ever seen:) Nice looking back yard though and bonker.

Dale Thompson
03-19-2006, 8:24 PM
Gordon,
Bernie is right on when it comes to the skew! :)

There are two things that twist the mind and convert otherwise nice people into criminals, politicians and terrorists:
- Feeling that velvety smooth finish on the wood when the bevel on your skew has properly followed the cutting edge!! :cool: :)
- Getting the proper "swing" on a bowl gouge when you are cleaning out the inside of a bowl! :cool: :)

Hang in there, Gordon, it's lookin' REAL good for YOUR side! ;) :) By the way, congrats on your lathe! If things don't work out, you certainly can't blame your tools!

Dale T.

Ernie Nyvall
03-19-2006, 10:22 PM
Nice skew work there Gordon. Keep it up.

Ernie