PDA

View Full Version : A cabinet question.

John Sherrod
03-18-2006, 7:47 PM
I am in the midst of making all new cabinets for my sisters kitchen, and I am now on the piece that will house the brand new jennaire double oven. I say that it is brand new so that you know that it is insulated to todays standards and what not.. I did numerous measurements on the oven, have figured the precise measurement for the opening, and now I have a question- I looked all through the manual that came with it, and I can find no mention of clearance tolerances needed for an enclosure. The vents come out the front, so venting is not a problem, it is electric. Is there any general rule of thumb to go by, or would the wall being where the side brackets are be sufficient? Also, I would love to post some photos of the cabinets I have already done, but I have no idea how. Any help would be great.:confused:

Ken Fitzgerald
03-18-2006, 7:53 PM
John........We would love to see photos of you cabinets. You might try going to this thread http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=31106 where Vaughn documented resizing and posting photos!

Ken Belisle
03-18-2006, 8:37 PM
John,

I just installed a new Kitchenaid double oven and here are the dimensions from the manufacturer:

Oven - 25 3/8 wide x 23 deep x 49 1/2 high (this is the box - not the frame)

cabinet size - 27 min wide (outside) x 23 1/4 min deep (inside) x 49 3/4 min high (inside)

I had a GE double in there before we swapped it out for the Kitchenaid and I only had to open up the face frame 1/4" on the width.

If you go to the manufacturer's web site, you should be able to get all of the installation information you will need.

Hope this helps......

Brent Harral
03-18-2006, 8:57 PM
Ken, and as I recall, there was no mention of any oven box to cab side clearence mentioned whatsoever (?) I contend the box is fully insulated and there should be no concern whether it's going in a frame or frameless cab.

Ken Belisle
03-19-2006, 9:11 AM
I just checked and you can go to the Jennaire site and download the installation instructions for the model you need. It appears that the Jennaire is the same as the 3 I looked at, which means about 1/4" space all around, except or course, the bottom.

One word of caution............this information is relative to conventional ovens, NOT necesarily for convection ovens. Since convection ovens have fans that circulate air, they may require more space behind them.

Here's the URL for the oven page:

http://www.jennair.com/ja/products/main_cooking.jsp?catType=Wall%20Ovens&cs=0&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

Select the model number, then go to "specs/literature" and download the installation instructions.

Hope this helps.........

Steve Clardy
03-19-2006, 11:10 AM
Just another tip for all.
Goggle Dimension Express.
Listed are appliance sizes, specs for most manufactors.
Theres a free use, and a pay use.
Great site when you need specs for building cabs for appliances.