PDA

View Full Version : Anybody using Oneida's 5" Quick Connect?

Steven J Corpstein
03-18-2006, 5:42 PM
I'm trying to get my 2 pieces of equipment ready to hook up to a 2 HP Super Dust Gorilla, and decided to try and switch them all out to 5" ports. General 650 saw and shop built router cabinet.

Everything is 4" and they all are just a bit different as to where that 4" measures (ID or OD). I've tried various combinations of 4" dust accessories and HVAC fittings, none of them fit both, properly.

I've even gotten several combinations of fittings from Oneida, and none of that will work either. They told me I would have to experiment a bit, which I realize is out of their control.

I figured I'd put Oneida's 5" collars on them and make them all a standard size, IF... their 5" male section for their quick disconnect set fits their 5" collar. This way I can connect the 5" flex hose to it, then to each machine.

Unfortunately, I have to use a single flex hose connection from where the duct runs across the wall, to the equipment, since I share a garage with 2 cars, and have to keep everything mobile to store them.