PDA

View Full Version : New Projects

john looser
03-18-2006, 4:42 PM
hi everyone , here are a few pics of a waterfall and a small water pond all built from 8 yr old reclaimed fence boards. the waterfall is 68" high x 74" wide and is built in 3 pieces. makes it easy to move by myself.
they cost me about $ 15.00 total to build ( nails):cool:

Vaughn McMillan
03-18-2006, 5:22 PM
Very cool, John. I've been thinking of trying to build a wooden fountain of some sort. How do you keep the water in it? Will you add a liner or any waterproof coatings, or will the wood swell up and seal itself over time??

Thanks for the pics -

- Vaughn

john looser
03-19-2006, 10:37 AM
Thanks Vaughn

The wood is all pressure treated
i am going to put a thick rubber liner in each box ,after the liner i will install a metal flashing around the holes and try to direct the water away so it doesnt run down the wood.
thanks again
john

Tyler Howell
03-19-2006, 11:01 AM
Way coolJohn, and all recycled.

Greg Tatum
03-19-2006, 10:06 PM
I really like that....will it just be a fountain or will it be a water garden? some fish maybe? I like using reclaimed lumber as well....good job.

john looser
03-20-2006, 6:38 AM
Thank you Tyler and Greg.
I am going to put a few fish in both of them during the summer and see if they survive. if they do I'll just bring them in for the winter. I'll post another pic when they are finished.
thanks again
john

Jason Tuinstra
03-20-2006, 9:53 AM
John, those look really nice. I've never seen anything like this before. I like it. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Rick Doyle
03-20-2006, 10:03 AM
hi john,

looks great - can't wait to see it in action!

john looser
03-20-2006, 2:45 PM
Thank you Jason and Rick .i am always trying something different. i try to build things that i don't see everyday. i am always looking for new ideas.
thanks again guys
john.
i will post a pic when the water is flowing:D