PDA

View Full Version : Woodcraft Tenoning Jig on Bosch 4000 TS

John Huber
03-18-2006, 10:17 AM
I've found two small problems with the Woodcraft Tenoning Jig on my Bosch 4000 table saw. Has anyone else had them and what did you do about them?

Even when mounted for a left-tilt blade, the right-most position of the Work Support is 1/4" from the saw blade. The instructions say they should be touching. It will be simple enough to attach a piece of 1/4" plywood to the Work Support.

The Jig Assembly doesn't slide smoothly on the base for left-right adjustment. The face of the base is rough and the "foot" of the Jig Assembly that bears on the base was covered in rough-surface point. I filed off the paint, but am concerned that if I try to smooth the base, it will throw off the fit of other parts. A coating of gun oil as a lubricant didn't solve the drag problem.

Jim Davenport
03-18-2006, 10:53 AM
I have a Delta 34 182 jig, which is very similar. There's an "allen" adjustment screw to the left of the Support plate adjustment screw. This stops against the support plate clamp to prevent the jig to move into the blade.. Can you move that screw out to allow movement closer to the blade?

David Fried
03-18-2006, 11:18 AM
John,

I also have the Delta jig and used a piece of plywood to get things to work.

Dave Fried

John Huber
03-18-2006, 1:00 PM
Jim: Yes, I backed the stop screw out all the way. It's the slot for the Large Lock Handle that is limiting the travel of the Jig Assembly on the Base.

John Huber
03-18-2006, 1:06 PM
Dave: Yes, I backed out the stop screw all the way. It is the slot for the large Lock Handle that limits the travel of the Jig Assembly on the Base. Is your Delta Tenoning Jig mounted on a Bosch 4000 table saw? Maybe the problem is that the Bosch miter slot is 1/4" offset from other brands?

John Huber
03-20-2006, 3:29 PM
The Bosch 4000 left miter slot is farther from the saw blade than any of the left-tilt table saws I measured at Home Depot. So the gap between the metal plate and the saw blade is not due to faulty installation. Attaching 1/4" hardwood with rough face out solved the problem.

I smoothed off any burs on the base plate with 80 grit on my ROS, then applied automotive grease. Also I found that the set screw that attaches the fine adjustment to the Jig Assembly is critical. It is best to get everything else sliding smoothly, then tighten that set screw. Otherwise it causes binding.

Altogether, it took about five hours from unpacking to a propely tuned and functioning tool. :-(