PDA

View Full Version : Box number 2, Thanks Kevin

Doug Jones
08-10-2003, 5:56 PM
Due to the fact I have limited resources at the moment. The second box does not have the color variation my first box does. But upon planing out some of the cherry I bouhgt a while back I noticed the wild pattern on this wood and thought it would make a great lid for a (Kevin) box. Cherry and poplar. And I still need some more work on my miters.

Between Kevin's boxes and Mike's cutting boards (of which I thank both of you for the inspiration) my Christmas presents will be completed soon. Now I just need to find something for the men and boys in my family.

Joe Tonich
08-10-2003, 8:20 PM
Due to the fact I have limited resources at the moment. The second box does not have the color variation my first box does. But upon planing out some of the cherry I bouhgt a while back I noticed the wild pattern on this wood and thought it would make a great lid for a (Kevin) box. Cherry and poplar. And I still need some more work on my miters.

Doug,

Wait till the Cherry gets it's color. That box will look even sweeter!! :) Good job!

Joe

Kevin Gerstenecker
08-10-2003, 8:41 PM
Looks great Doug! The color looks fine to me, as Joe said, it will develop color in time. I REALLY like the top! The grain and contrast is very nice. Great effort.............they are kinda fun to build, aren't they? ;) Now that you are addicted, I expect to see a few more soon. I have a couple of Christmas Gifts in the works myself, and when I can get some quality shop time, I will have a few more pictures to share. Keep up the good work, nice job! :D