PDA

View Full Version : workbench finished

john mclane
03-17-2006, 10:07 PM
I've been working most of Feb and March in my dungeon on this workbench. This last week was great since my younger son was home and he had a skim board project in the basement he was working on in the evenings with me.

The workbench is all pine with some modifications of the plans and design from Chris Schwarz in the popularwoodworking.com site. I'm a little reluctant to show this project compared to some of the fancier designs I have seen on these pages. :rolleyes:

How many years can I continue to use the newbie label? It has only been a few months so far!

I did make it so the top is removable and the long rails are removable. The short rails for the base are pinned M&T. The long rails fit into tight mortises with bedbolts pulling them in. The base does have slats placed on the cleats. Maybe someday I'll build a cabinet with draws to fit in there.

Jason Tuinstra
03-17-2006, 10:56 PM
John, it looks pretty good from what I see. The picture is a bit pixelated though. This might be your camera or how you edited it. You might want to check.

Regardless, sounds like you had fun on this one. Good for you! A nice bench is priceless! Looks like you have one.

David Fried
03-17-2006, 11:10 PM
John,

Looks better than the one I made and mine has been invaluable! I think you're going to enjoy it for a long time and when you decide to make a fancy one someday you'll have this bench to work on! Great job!!

Dave Fried

Mark Cothren
03-18-2006, 1:13 AM
The picture is a bit pixelated though.

I thought at first it was segmented...:D

Seriously, it looks good to me! Would love to see a good, clear picture...

Thanks,
Mark

George Kretschmann
03-18-2006, 7:12 AM
quote"...How many years can I continue to use the newbie label? It has only been a few months so far!
You can answer that yourself...
1) Quality of work
2) Number of tools
3) Shop size
4) Devotion to woodworking
5) Passion as well...
6) Knowledge in all areas of woodworking.
7) How many posts can you respond to, techinical answers.
8) The list can go on forever...

Newbie is not bad I have been in woodworking for several years I still consider myself a "Newbie" compared to Norm. or anyone else that has more experience than me.

I wouldnt worry about it just have fun and make stuff. Here is the definition of Newbie...n : any new participant in some activity :D