PDA

View Full Version : A Few Observations from the Harrisburg WW Show

Jon Farley
03-17-2006, 9:24 PM
I drove down to the WW show in Harrisburg this afternoon. I had never attended one before so this was a first. It wasn't that big and I usually like to walk around and leave after I seen everything, but since I paid 9 bucks to get in I stuck around for a little longer. Here are a few interesting things I saw:

I looked over the Noden Adjust-A-Bench and remembered that I saw some pics of the inventor here on SMC a while back. He was a nice guy and it looks like a solid product. I'd sure like one though the price will probably keep it on my wish list for a little longer.

The Forrest booth was demo-ing the brand new WW2. Aparrently it now has a raker every fifth tooth so as to give a flat-bottomed cut. They were selling the (discontinued?) old WW2's for $80.

I stopped by the micro-jig booth to see about getting some replacement plastic micro jig splitters, which can break very easily if you inadvertantly slide your fence across them, DAMHIKT. I was told they are coming out with a steel model in the next few months, which should ovbiously be a bit more durable.

Just my observations...Jon