PDA

View Full Version : Creeker visit - Mark Singer

Mike Henderson
03-17-2006, 5:58 PM
I visited with Mark Singer today. He has an amazing place - a modern style house that he designed, high up on a hill with a view of the Pacific Ocean. Mark built quite a bit of the furniture in the house and many of the cabinets and closet fixtures. He really does do impressive work.

And, oh yes, his shop. He has a spacious well equipped shop with a complete set of power tools but also has many hand tools, including an impressive set of metal and wood planes and quite a number of back saws. We got so involved in discussing woodworking that I didn’t take many pictures.

Zahid did an interview of Mark a while back but didn't have a picture of Mark - so here it is, a picture of Mark resawing, which unfortunately doesn't really show his shop.

A very enjoyable visit. Thanks, Mark!

Mike
<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

Don Baer
03-17-2006, 6:06 PM
Mark is indeed a real Gentleman and a fine woodworker. I had the pleasure of meeting him and his fine son at the Maloof workshop last Nov. Someday I in the not to distant future (before I make the move to AZ) if he is willing I plan paying him a visit.

Mark Singer
03-17-2006, 9:09 PM
Michael and I had a great visit! We only live about 30 minutes apart so it was long overdue.... He is a gentleman and a great woodworker as you know. We went through my shop and the home I am building which is just down the street. We promised to get together again....He had the camera..so I am in the picture:rolleyes: ...Next time we will both get in the pic...and Don you are always welcome!

Jim Becker
03-17-2006, 9:11 PM
A visit with Mark is like a day with really bright sunlight! :)