PDA

View Full Version : I got the last one.....Gloat!

Greg Koch
03-17-2006, 4:52 PM
When I saw the first post about HD offering the MSUV cart for $99, and how well built it was, I went to my local store and got one of the 20 or so that they had on sale. I didn't even have a Miter Saw, but I knew one would be in my tool arsenal one of these days. Well, I had to go grocery shopping today at Fred Meyer. Since Home Depot is right next door, I went there first....don't want the groceries setting in the closed car while I wandered around HD. I headed straight for the tool department, and lo and behold....they had 1 left! I grabbed it without thinking, just as another guy came around the corner, saw it and started searching for more. Up to the cash register, paid my $99 and out I went... They are really well built, and the price is unreal. So now I have 2!

Greg

P.S. One will hold the Bosch 4212L miter saw, and the other will hold the Mikata 2012NB 12 planer that I got during the Amazon sale that just ended!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :D :D

Delivery is not until late April or early May, so I'll post pics then... I'm really psyched out!

Michael Ballent
03-17-2006, 5:51 PM
OK how much did you end up paying for the planer... I have that same model and I have been very happy with it and just curious as to what you paid for it... and what it will look like on the MSUV :D I just bought the MSUV and put the miter saw on it and am tickled with it :D and I am interested in putting my planer on it as well.

Greg Koch
03-17-2006, 6:04 PM
Sale price was $412...free shipping...and then the $75 off promotion. Final was $337. It got great reviews, especially about being much quieter than others.. I thought about setting it up so I could use one MSUV for both it and the MS, cause I thought the UV's would all be gone. I just got lucky, I guess.

Here's how the planer looks on the MSUV...it's perfect, IMO. I plan on mounting mine on a board, and then bold that onto the MSUV for extra strength and stability.

Thanks to Tyler:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showpost.php?p=322854&postcount=22

Greg

Jason Tuinstra
03-17-2006, 6:05 PM
Congrats, nothing like new tools, espeically at such a good deal.

Tyler Howell
03-17-2006, 7:04 PM
Congrat's Greg, You're gettin in real deep:D :D

Greg Koch
03-17-2006, 8:56 PM
Dang Amazon...

Uh, did I mention the PC 557 plate joiner with the free biscuits, Jorgenson/Irwin clamps, a couple of books, and a dust hood for the Makita planer. I need to get a better blade for the Bosch CMS....

Somebody help me.....

Greg

Vaughn McMillan
03-17-2006, 9:07 PM
...Somebody help me.....

Greg
All I know is you've been no help to my wallet. :p I just went by my local HD to see if, on the off chance, they might have one of the MSUVs left. Turns out they had nine or ten of them. (San Fernando CA, if anyone's looking for one in the area.) Didn't really need it for anything specific, but I do have a miter saw and planer that will be likely candidates, though. It sounded like too good of deal to pass up. Now I've just gotta figure out where to store it. Time to throw away more unused junk, I guess. ;)

- Vaughn

Greg Koch
03-17-2006, 9:23 PM
Vaughn,

Sorry! :o I have one assembled with nothing on it except a mounting board, and the one I picked up today is still in the box in the garage... Also, too much junk. The portability of the saw/planer will be a big help for me in a small shop (garage stall) along with all the other stuff. I really want to build some out/side tables for my little TS, but I have to keep everything movable.

Greg

Michael Adelong
03-18-2006, 11:09 PM
You darn guys are gonna kill me! :mad:

I wasn't going to buy one of these since I am using my neighbor's Dewalt CMS (he doesn't have room for it) that already has a stand.

But nooooooo... You fools have to go showing me that it makes moving and setting up a planer easy, too... I guess its about time that I got that freakin' thing up off of the floor.

Guess where I'm going first thing in the morning? These things are still on sale, aren't they?

Gee, thanks.

Buttheads! :p
Michael

Greg Koch
03-18-2006, 11:30 PM
Yeah..Yeah...Yeah... But you're gonna thank us in the morning! :eek: :D :D

Mike Cutler
03-19-2006, 8:50 AM
Here's how the planer looks on the MSUV...it's perfect, IMO. I plan on mounting mine on a board, and then bold that onto the MSUV for extra strength and stability.

Thanks to Tyler:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showpost.php?p=322854&postcount=22

Greg

Wow! I wish I could do that with my Jet 15" planer.

About 10 years ago, Delta had a product called the "Sawbuck". It looked kinda cheesy, but man did it work great. This MSUV reminds me of the Sawbuck, but with a little more capability.
Cool Tool.