PDA

View Full Version : There's WOOD in Them Thar Hills

Christopher K. Hartley
03-17-2006, 1:43 PM
Just as I finished my last post, my sister came in to say there was "WOOD up the street", (I have the entire family bird dogging for me). I quickly jumped into the saddle of my trusty steed(Chevy Pickem up truck) and put on my best "Beggars can't be Choosers" face and headed for the woody trail. Ten minutes later after saving the Damsel in Distress (a resident just wanting to get it the heck out'a there) I returned to the ranch(my shop) with the prize in tow. Wow what a Day! "It is a Grrrreat Day To Be Alive!":D

Oops forgot the picture...

Don Baer
03-17-2006, 1:53 PM
Hmmm I don't see no pictures so I guess it didn't happen...;)

John Hart
03-17-2006, 1:55 PM
Nice load of wood Christopher!! Nice to have Scouts!

Andy Hoyt
03-17-2006, 2:00 PM
Nice score.

Looks like some of that bonker stock comes "pre-handled". Saves time!

Bernie Weishapl
03-17-2006, 3:17 PM
Looks like a mighty fine load of wood Christopher. Any time you get free wood it is a great day.

John Timberlake
03-17-2006, 3:17 PM
Nice load of wood. What kind is it? And where do you get green leaves in the middle Winter - at least here in the Cleveland area.

Ernie Nyvall
03-17-2006, 3:33 PM
Nice haul there Christopher.

Ernie

Christopher K. Hartley
03-17-2006, 3:41 PM
Nice load of wood. What kind is it? And where do you get green leaves in the middle Winter - at least here in the Cleveland area.

I left Akron years ago and haven't crossed the Mason-Dixon or the Mississippi to live since. Houston, Tx. is home now. Sweetgum is the load.

Christopher K. Hartley
03-17-2006, 3:42 PM
Nice score.

Looks like some of that bonker stock comes "pre-handled". Saves time!

Haven't you ever heard of the bonker tree?:rolleyes:

Corey Hallagan
03-17-2006, 4:00 PM
Way to go Chris, SPIN IT!

Corey

Don Baer
03-17-2006, 4:04 PM
Ahhh Chris nice hual... Now I can see it realy did happen.:D

Dennis Peacock
03-17-2006, 4:10 PM
Nice Haul Chris.....Make some lathe curlies now. ;)

Andy Hoyt
03-17-2006, 4:50 PM
Haven't you ever heard of the bonker tree?:rolleyes:Actually, I haven't. This is the first time I've ever run across this species. What is it's natural habitat? Near Salmon infested waters? Or just anywhere that mustard trees propagate?

I have however heard of the term Rocket Bonketry. I believe it has something to do with the Johnson Space Center and the Mission to Mars. Since you live right there, I defer to your wisdom and familiarity with the local vernacular.