PDA

View Full Version : A Must See for Figured Wood Lovers!!!

Jason Tuinstra
03-17-2006, 12:38 PM
Check this site out: http://michaelseward.com/kitchen_cabinets.htm

This guy is churning out some stellar furniture with some truly stunning wood. This kitchen is an example of his craftsmanship and attention to detail. It would be a dream to do some cooking in there.

I love woodworking that let's the wood do all the speaking. In this case, the wood is shouting!

Hope you enjoy this link as much as I did and may it inspire you as it did me.

Good day!

P.S. A new stainless fridge would make the kitchen look even better. You can't spend that much time and money on the cabinets and not pair it with the stainless oven and coffee pot... lol

Robert Mayer
03-17-2006, 1:48 PM
You werent kidding. Those are amazing. What finish do you think he uses on that maple??

Greg Tatum
03-17-2006, 1:49 PM
Great link, Jason...his work is truely outstanding and I couldn't agree more with your opinion about the stainless appliances....a nice Wolf would look good.

Kurt Aebi
03-17-2006, 1:51 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH! :eek:

GOTTA LOVE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Mike Zozakiewicz
03-17-2006, 2:07 PM
Thanks for the link Jason, that is great stuff, and a you say, very inspirational. The pins are just the right accent too.

Mike

Jim Becker
03-17-2006, 2:20 PM
Oh, my...beautiful!

lou sansone
03-17-2006, 2:26 PM
real nice
believe it or not. on my honey do list is to make laundry room cabinets with 100% tiger maple.
lou

Larry Fox
03-17-2006, 2:33 PM
Thanks A lot Jason - just what my project needed. I am currently working on a set of kitchen cabinets and after seeing these I think the best next step for me is to go home and throw all my stuff into the fireplace. :)

Seriously, those are remarkable.

Jason Tuinstra
03-17-2006, 2:34 PM
real nice
believe it or not. on my honey do list is to make laundry room cabinets with 100% tiger maple.
lou

Lou, if there is anyone who can pull it off, it's you.
1. You have a magnificent assortment of wood that would make anyone jealous!!!
2. You have the skills requisite to handle such an undertaking.

Did you see the bathroom he did in tiger maple? Here's the link: http://michaelseward.com/new_work.htm scroll down and you'll see it. I've never seen a sink mounted under a solid wood top. Interesting.

Jason Tuinstra
03-17-2006, 2:36 PM
Thanks A lot Jason - just what my project needed. I am currently working on a set of kitchen cabinets and after seeing these I think the best next step for me is to go home and throw all my stuff into the fireplace. :)

Seriously, those are remarkable.

LOL... I know what you mean. But be inspired, that's what it's all about.

Have a good one! I look forward to seeing how yours comes out.

Dan Forman
03-17-2006, 4:56 PM
Thanks for the link, the rest of his web site is incredible too. I don't know if I'd get any cooking done in that kitchen though, probably just stand there gawking, or drooling on the food.

Dan

David Fried
03-17-2006, 10:56 PM
I'll echo the thanks for link sentiment. This is one of the few web sites where I looked at every page and still wished there was more. Really nice stuff.
Thanks again.

Dave Fried

Pete Harbin
03-17-2006, 11:32 PM
Really amazing! Thanks for the link Jason. I've added it to my Inspiration folder.

Pete

Charles Bruno
03-18-2006, 8:53 AM
WoW! That is fantastic I'll go to work today thinking about that spalted panel doors.

Kelly C. Hanna
03-18-2006, 10:50 AM
Wow...right up my alley, I love figured wood!!