PDA

View Full Version : flat work is dangerous--i might have to give it up

Rob Bourgeois
03-16-2006, 11:47 PM
Some of you may have seen my thread in the general forum.
I got bit by my v-gouge while carving...after 3 stiches and a nice etnus shot..i am done carving for at least 10 days. I am also not able to turn...and i just finished rounding 3 blanks for tomorrow and saturday.

I cant bend the finger for a while per docs orders and i dont think having lathe noodles hitting it would be very fun. so i guess its beer and basketball..

I was carving a chain out of one peice of wood..and should have listened to the voice.."dont do that stupid". In addition i was distracted and not focusing and the gouge was mirror sharp.

today ended a horrrible(work issues) week for me, i had hope to use some lathe work tomorrow to return my spirits..oh well

Travis Stinson
03-17-2006, 12:05 AM
Man Rob:( We're trying to tell you the world is ROUND! 10 days? You still have 3 weeks to heal up.;)

Bruce Shiverdecker
03-17-2006, 12:07 AM
Am now just getting over my encounter with my saw doin' flat work. I'm back to turnin' .................Less dangerous! At least for me. Have patience and do what the DR. advises. You have a long woodworking life ahead of you and having all fingers working is important.

Bruce

Don Baer
03-17-2006, 12:10 AM
Hang in there Rob, That will teach you that the world is round. Get well soon.

Joe Tonich
03-17-2006, 12:14 AM
OUCH!!!!!!! Hope ya heal good!

Jim Ketron
03-17-2006, 12:15 AM
Get well soon Bud!;)

Ken Fitzgerald
03-17-2006, 12:18 AM
Hang in there bud! It's all dangerous and we all do something stupid once in a while! Just learn from your mistake; heal quickly and get back at it!

Dennis Peacock
03-17-2006, 2:28 AM
Hang in there Rob.....Just think "speed healing"....:rolleyes: :D

Sorry about your injury....I hope you heal quickly my friend.

John Hart
03-17-2006, 6:38 AM
Oh Man...that stinks. Heal quickly....and stay away from that evil flat stuff!!!!:)

Carl Eyman
03-17-2006, 7:43 AM
Come on down here, Rob. Don't you need to pick up more lumber? I need help gluing up the top of my desk. Meantime keep a straight digit.

Bill Grumbine
03-17-2006, 8:21 AM
Rob, I feel your pain. I did a similar thing a few years ago with a utility knife. I hope you heal up quickly with no permanent damage.

Bill

Mark Cothren
03-17-2006, 8:59 AM
Rob, you big dummy..............:D :D :D

PLEASE STEP AWAY FROM THE FLATWORK.

Hope you heal up quickly.

Rob Bourgeois
03-17-2006, 9:07 AM
You know whats worse than the injury...its watching your wife laugh...why you ask. Because she predicted that once I got the sharp gouges and knives at christmas I would be getting stiches within 6 months...that hurts worse admitting she was right.:eek:

Carl..I would love to come down, but thats isnt in the plans for the near future. Besides if I went down I would have to go to my visit my friend south of you and turn on his Powermatic or at least go fishing. Both of which cant happpen.

Travis...got plenty of time ;)

Dennis Peacock
03-17-2006, 9:13 AM

<B>ROFL!!!!!!!!</B>

Bernie Weishapl
03-17-2006, 10:26 AM
Ouch. Rob heal quickly. Do what Doc says and take care of your finger. You need them all.

Rob Bourgeois
03-17-2006, 10:32 AM

I somehow misssed this one...

you sound like my wife...except here second comment was "why werent you finshing my coffee table. You big dummie":eek:

Dennis Peacock
03-17-2006, 12:07 PM
I somehow misssed this one...

you sound like my wife...except here second comment was "why werent you finshing my coffee table. You big dummie":eek:

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!