PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Printer spouting genuine gibberish!

Joe Tonich
08-09-2003, 10:04 PM
Since I got the new comp. tower my printer prints out some really weird stuff. Sorta hard to describe. Looks like another type of language. I downloaded the drivers that Windows XP recognizes and the test page printed out OK. Any ideas?

Joe

John Miliunas
08-09-2003, 11:17 PM
Since I got the new comp. tower my printer prints out some really weird stuff. Sorta hard to describe. Looks like another type of language. I downloaded the drivers that Windows XP recognizes and the test page printed out OK. Any ideas?

Joe

Joe, is it doing that on *any* and *everything* you print or just specific pages? In other words, is this happening on "Word" documents, simple text documents, maybe Adobe "pdf" files or possibly pages you try to print from the Web? :cool:

Joe Tonich
08-10-2003, 1:08 PM
Joe, is it doing that on *any* and *everything* you print or just specific pages? In other words, is this happening on "Word" documents, simple text documents, maybe Adobe "pdf" files or possibly pages you try to print from the Web? :cool:

John,

It worked printing up something in "Microsoft Works" but if I try to copy something from the internet it's gibberish.

Thanks,

Joe

John Miliunas
08-10-2003, 1:28 PM
John,

It worked printing up something in "Microsoft Works" but if I try to copy something from the internet it's gibberish.

Thanks,

Joe

OK, a BUNCH more questions:
Joe, what brand and model printer do you have?
Did you download install the drivers from the printer vendor or were they supplied by Microsoft?
Do you have Windows ME or XP?
Finally, are you using Microsoft's Internet Explorer for going on the Internet or Netscrape?

Reason for all the ????'s is we need to try and narrow our search down a bit. :cool: Also, feel free to email me directly, if you like.