PDA

View Full Version : Trend Airshield

Ed Scolforo
03-16-2006, 7:37 PM
Hi, Creekers:
Lately the wood dust has really been getting to me. Time to think about a powered respirator. I came across this website that has the best price I've seen yet on the Trend Airshield. Does anyone know if the problem with the battery connection has been fixed? Any other thoughts/ suggestions are welcomed.
http://www.envirosafetyproducts.com/html/airshield.htm

Thanks, Ed

Karl Laustrup
03-16-2006, 8:03 PM
I don't know about the battery problem. I've had mine about a year and a half now and have had no problems with the battery[s]. I actually ordered an extra one so I wouldn't run out in the middle of a job.

I will say that I really like the unit. It is a little awkward at first, but I got used to it very quickly and now almost forget I have it on.

Karl

Bob Noles
03-16-2006, 9:16 PM
Ed,

Just got mine about 2 months ago and love it. I got discouraged over reading comments about the battery problem and even tried to cancel my order, but it got shipped anyhow. Apparently the battery problem has been fixed and mine works perfectly and I kept it. Very glad I did and as those who won and swear by these, I too must stand in the ranks and highly recommed this unit.

Charlie Kocourek
03-17-2006, 11:17 AM
My question about the Trend Airshield is how fine is the filtration. I look for the P100 rating on respirators, but I do not see any such rating for the trend. Does anyone know what the rating is?

Raymond Overman
03-17-2006, 11:42 AM
I got mine at Christmas and like it alot. I haven't had any battery problems and my wife says I don't snore as badly as I used to. I know for a fact I don't have to blow my nose he-man style after turning something. (Sorry for the graphic detail but it's true) Well worth the money in my opinion.

Dennis Peacock
03-17-2006, 12:02 PM
Just get ya one.....

I've got one and LOVE it. Don't worry about the battery "talk". It's not everybody that's going to stand at their lathe for 8 hours straight any way. Extra battery pack solves the problem.

You'll like it. I know I do.

Howie French
03-17-2006, 12:21 PM
I purchased mine 3 months ago, I have not had any battery issues.
Works great.

Howie

Andy Hoyt
03-17-2006, 1:16 PM
Howie - Are you turning yet? Recall from a while back that you were getting the itch do so?

Ed Scolforo
03-17-2006, 1:20 PM
Thanks for the input. I really am not as concerned about the charge time of the battery as I am about the problems people were having with the terminal
connection. Sounds like they have that problem fixed. Ray, "he- man style nose blowing"? Now there's a visual!
Ed

Howie French
03-17-2006, 1:53 PM
Andy, Yes... I have been turning alittle bit... I currently have a few bowls air drying after they had their DNA bath. I hope to have my first finished bowl
completed next week, will see how it goes. I shattered the last one I was finishing. I will post a picture if I am successful.

Howie

Andy Hoyt
03-17-2006, 1:56 PM
Excellent news. Another one takes a big bite o' dust.:D

Scott Loven
03-17-2006, 2:27 PM
My question about the Trend Airshield is how fine is the filtration. I look for the P100 rating on respirators, but I do not see any such rating for the trend. Does anyone know what the rating is?
Respiratory protection (NPF20) to EN 146 THP2
http://www.trend-usa.com/airshield2.html

Jim Bell
03-17-2006, 10:54 PM
I've had my Trend for 2 yrs. No problems at all. As to it's effectiveness, I have no statistics but have not had as much as a smell of wood dust. I figure if you can't smell it, it ain't there.
Jim

Jim Becker
03-18-2006, 9:55 AM
No battery problem with mine...I actually like it and tend to wear it a lot more than I used to wear a regular full face shield. It doesn't fog and is quite comfortable.

George Conklin
03-18-2006, 10:35 AM
Hi Ed,

I think the problem would be if you happened to get and older one that has been sitting on the shelf (like I did:rolleyes: ). Not to worry. I made one phone call and had a new battery to my door within a few days. Great customer service and very happy with my Airshield.

George

Richard Jones
03-19-2006, 7:20 AM
Well, based on all of this, I ordered one, too..................

Rich in VA

Ed Scolforo
03-19-2006, 10:05 AM
Ordered mine this morning.

Bob Noles
03-19-2006, 10:26 AM
Ed & Richard,

You'll both be happy with this "tool" and much safer too :)

Glenn Clabo
03-19-2006, 7:26 PM
Guys...sorry that I started this battery problem thing. It's been resolved by me and by the company. I doubt that anyone will have the problem again.
I'm also working on a battery improvement thang...so stand by for more info.