PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here just want to say hi.

Chuck Beland
03-16-2006, 6:09 PM
Well just want to say hi. My name is Chuck, I'm from Rhode Island. The speed bump between Connecticut & Massachuttes. I'm married almost 24 years LOML's name is Pat we have one son Matthew. I'm a Mailman & a fledging Woodturner.

Don Baer
03-16-2006, 6:14 PM
Well Chuck,
Welcome to the creek. Pull up a stump and enjoy the creek. The waters always just fine and the folks are real friendly. Just watch out for the picture police. Remember No Picture and it didn't happen.

Jim Becker
03-16-2006, 6:18 PM
Welcome to SMC, Chuck. A nice place to hang out...

Ken Fitzgerald
03-16-2006, 6:27 PM
Welcome to the Creek Chuck! Wade right in the water's fine! I, too, am a fledgling wood turner! It sure is fun!

John Miliunas
03-16-2006, 6:38 PM
Nice to have you here, Chuck!!! :) Now, if you really want to make a splash at the Creek, you're gonna' need to pay a visit out to the Turners Forum!!! :D Water is always deep (ok....something is always deep, anyway! :D ) and the temp is just right! Come often, stay long and yes, a big THUMBS UP for pics!!! :) :cool:

Cecil Arnold
03-16-2006, 7:00 PM
Welcome Chuck. Nice place to hang out, turners are nuts, but that's what makes it fun.

john mclane
03-16-2006, 8:31 PM
Welcome from another quohoger. I think that makes three active ones of us. Not bad for a speed bump. I bet there are a few lurkers we can as well. Probably have seen you at the Woodcraft store in E. Greenwich; :o I'm there way too much for my budget.

Rob Russell
03-16-2006, 9:28 PM
Howdy from a next-door Nutmegger!

Chuck Beland
03-16-2006, 9:28 PM
Welcome from another quohoger. I think that makes three active ones of us. Not bad for a speed bump. I bet there are a few lurkers we can as well. Probably have seen you at the Woodcraft store in E. Greenwich; :o I'm there way too much for my budget.

:D Hey John,
I live in Warwick. Yup I go to that one to drool over all the stuff. LOL
My LOML is getting me a Jet VS mini for my B day in June & i'm going to save up my pennies so next December or January I'm going to be getting a
Jet 1442. Have you gone to the turner meeting at woodcrafters yet? I wanted to go tonight but I got out of work to late. :mad:

Chuck Beland
03-16-2006, 9:32 PM
Howdy from a next-door Nutmegger!

Hey neighbor, LOL
I've been busy reading some of the posts & there seems to be a whole lotta experience. I love these forums where you can joke around & get some good info. Thanks for the welcome.

Vaughn McMillan
03-17-2006, 12:53 AM
...I love these forums where you can joke around & get some good info...
Hey hey hey! There's no joking around here, and most of the info is bad. :eek: :mad:

(Just joking...and that's good info.) :D

Welcome to the Creek, Chuck. Great bunch of folks here with the whole gamut of experience. As you've been warned, the turners are a bit off-center (to be polite), but they put up with us flat-earth folks. Apparently, we've driven them Bonkers (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=32748). ;)

- Vaughn

Chuck Beland
03-17-2006, 4:21 AM
Hey Vaughn,

I've never said that I'm sane either LOML says that I'm very IN-sane. She bought me a T shirt that says
" growing older is mandatory growing up is optional" I wonder what she means:confused:

I also am a Mailman, so yes I fit right in with the Bonkers. LOL

Tom Drake
03-17-2006, 6:10 AM
Welcome to Smc Chuck. You'll find lots of nice and helpful people here.

Dennis Peacock
03-17-2006, 9:10 AM
I also am a Mailman, so yes I fit right in with the Bonkers. LOL

Bonkers? You visit the Turning Forum and read about our current "Bonkers about Bonkers" Contest? :p :rolleyes: :D

Welcome to the Creek Chuck. It's a great place to hang out, learn stuff, gloat about stuff you made, and pat others on the back for them making something in their shop.

Speed Bump Hugh? Never thought about that.:rolleyes: :D :D

Tyler Howell
03-17-2006, 9:18 AM
Hey neighbor, LOL
I love these forums where you can joke around & get some good info. Thanks for the welcome.

There's no joking when it comes to pictures:mad: :mad: !!!! Post many and often!!!!:D :D
Welcome Chuck. Glad to have you in the creek. Great bunch of folks here;) .

Jim Hager
03-17-2006, 9:36 AM
Welcome Chuck. Hang out here often.

Lou Morrissette
03-17-2006, 2:22 PM
Welcome to the Creek, Chuck. Always nice to have a neighbor on board. This is a great place to learn and meet some nice folks.

Lou

Chuck Beland
03-17-2006, 6:29 PM
Bonkers? You visit the Turning Forum and read about our current "Bonkers about Bonkers" Contest? :p :rolleyes: :D

Welcome to the Creek Chuck. It's a great place to hang out, learn stuff, gloat about stuff you made, and pat others on the back for them making something in their shop.

Speed Bump Hugh? Never thought about that.:rolleyes: :D :D

Dennis,
Since Rhode Island is only 48 miles wide & 75 miles long, yup a speed bump. But we have 350 miles of beaches. You can't get better seafood then New England. I went deep sea fishing witl my father in law & i caught 7 Cod fish the smallest one was 30 lbs the biggest was 65 lbs.

john mclane
03-17-2006, 10:17 PM
Chuck
I haven't become a turner yet. Although I do like looking at the porject on that thread. I have taken a few of the courses over at the Woodcraft. Good people and fun. We are neighbors in Warwick. One of these days we'll arrange to meet for breakfast and a gloat or two.

Peter Stahl
03-19-2006, 7:30 AM
Welcome aboard Chuck.

Glenn Clabo
03-20-2006, 6:50 AM
Hey Chuck,
Welcome aboard!

Too bad you live ALL the way over in Warwick...I guess I could pack a lunch and leave this island someday.:D

Chuck Beland
03-21-2006, 4:22 AM
Lunch? your going to have to find a motel for a overnight stay:D