PDA

View Full Version : The Proof is in the Mustard with Booties for Andy

Pete Jordan
03-16-2006, 5:40 PM
It took me a while to get it together but it was worth it. The guy who delivered it was by himself without a liftgate. I had just had surgery the day before so I could not help him lift it. He brought it down from the truck with a single bar. Not only did he do that, but he lifted it up so I could put furniture dollys underneath it to get it into my garage.
The only thing I cannot figure out is where to put the overhead cam and glassbacks.

I want to sincerly thank all the people with their helpful suggestions!

Pete

Andy Hoyt
03-16-2006, 5:49 PM
Yup, them booties are spit hot! I dunno about that other thing.:D

Enjoy it while you can, Pete. I hear those things start breaking and wearing out after 30 or 40 years.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-16-2006, 6:03 PM
GO Pete! You are in the vortex now!

Don Baer
03-16-2006, 6:08 PM
Kewl, Thats some serious Iron. Some day I hope to step up to something like that. After my skills are a bit better.

Now lets see some shavings. That things entirely too clean.

Jim Becker
03-16-2006, 6:17 PM
The gold is in-hand! So is an avatar...

Christopher K. Hartley
03-16-2006, 6:52 PM
Nice Iron Pete! I know you'll have as much fun on the Mustard as I'm having on the White. Way to go...now, as we say here in Texas..."Get'er Done"!

Cecil Arnold
03-16-2006, 6:55 PM
All right Pete! No matter what Andy says, mustard rules.

Mark Cothren
03-16-2006, 7:28 PM
Mustard is life... everything else is just mayonnaise...

Congratulations!!!! Now get some wood spinnin'!!! Can't wait to see some output!

Bruce Shiverdecker
03-16-2006, 8:44 PM
Congratulations, Pete. That Mustard is better than the kind you use on a hot dog.

I see the chips. Now is the time for pictures.

Bruce

Travis Stinson
03-16-2006, 9:27 PM
That's awesome Pete! Congratulations. You're going to enjoy that Mustard baby!:cool:

Jim Ketron
03-16-2006, 9:44 PM
Ah Another one Joins the club!:D
Congrats Pete!

John Hart
03-16-2006, 9:49 PM
Nice Pete...Congratulations on the Mustard.

Mine's Battleship Grey.:o

Ernie Nyvall
03-16-2006, 11:06 PM
Another mustard in the group... I'm getting all misty.

Congrats pete!!!

Ernie

Ken Fitzgerald
03-17-2006, 12:29 AM
Folks.................I finally figured out how to get Andy on your side!..........Andy.......these yellow machines........imagine Lemon Icecream............large mounds of lemon ice cream...............:D

Mike Vickery
03-17-2006, 2:11 AM
I have lathe envy!

Dennis Peacock
03-17-2006, 2:25 AM
Congrats Pete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'll really LOVE that mustard yeller lathe. My wife calls it my Yeller Dawg!!!
Nice lathe and now it's time to see that baby about knee deep in lathe curlies.:D

Mark Cothren
03-17-2006, 9:02 AM
Folks.................I finally figured out how to get Andy on your side!..........Andy.......these yellow machines........imagine Lemon Icecream............large mounds of lemon ice cream...............:D

:D :) :D :) :D

Keith Burns
03-17-2006, 9:11 AM
Nice Pete...Congratulations on the Mustard.

Mine's Battleship Grey.:o

Ditto on the new Lathe.

John, all these guys think there are only two colors, yeller or white:eek: Guess we will have to start a Grey Club:D

Andy Hoyt
03-17-2006, 9:13 AM
Lemon Ice Cream with a Mustard top glaze. Hmmm?

Why not add a quart of Tabasco Sauce?

And when you're done, just rinse, lather, repeat; or get your stomach pumped.

Gordon Achterhof
03-17-2006, 9:13 AM
Excellent choice of a machine. I am very glad that mine came in pieces and could be hauled into the shop with a hand truck. Now you will have to build one of the racks that are shown in the manual so that it is harder to clean up the chips every now and then. Have fun and make the curlies fly.

Cheers
Gordon

Jim Dunn
03-17-2006, 11:28 PM
Lemon Ice Cream with a Mustard top glaze. Hmmm?

Why not add a quart of Tabasco Sauce?

Sounds like something you'd shave with or kill the fleas on your dog.:eek: