PDA

View Full Version : What would YOU do with it...

Keith Starosta
08-09-2003, 9:12 PM
Evening, guys!! I was lucky enough recently to be given a beautiful piece of wood. It's an 8/4 piece of black walnut, clear of any visable defects. The measurements are 62.5" L x 8 7/8" W. I've got a few ideas rattling around in my brain, but I was curious...what would you turn this beauty into?

Let's get creative!!

Keith

Todd Burch
08-09-2003, 9:18 PM
8 tapered table legs. I'd put some 6/4 with it for a table top, and some 4/4 for some aprons, then I'd try to turn the whole thing into some folding money. So I'm boring.

Mike Schwing
08-09-2003, 10:29 PM
Well, anyone who knows me knows I'm gonna say - thats good stock for cutting boards!

However, just this afternoon I was dreaming up a new entrance foyer corner table and was bemoaning my lack of 8/4 stock for legs....

Keith Starosta
08-10-2003, 12:46 AM
Mike,
I was actually looking at the article you wrote about the cutting boards. Sounds like a great Christmas gift type of project. I have to get ahold of some maple, and then I'd be set. But, we shall see.

Oh, and Todd....looking at the gallery on your website, the very last thing that I would call your work is boring. I'm looking forward to seeing how the cherry study progresses....

Keith