PDA

View Full Version : Why my wife may demand they move the Spokane Woodcraft....

Ken Fitzgerald
03-16-2006, 10:11 AM
I was gone to southern Indiana and central Illinois for a week. My aunt Margaret died. She and my uncle couldn't have children so they adopted all of their nieces and nephews. Uncle Harold died 25 years ago...Aunt Margaret, age 87, died last Tuesday. I flew back for her funeral and since I was only 200 miles from my mother-in-law.....I visited her too!

Anyway...........while I was gone my new Sorby 3/4" roughing gouge arrived and yesterday I flew into Spokane. I only had to drive about 25 miles out of my way to shop at the new Woodcraft store in Spokane. I picked up the Beal 3-on-1 buffing system and a Norton fine slipstone........My wife is thinking the the WoodCraft Store in Spokane needs to move a little farther north......Maybe to Frank Pellow's neck of the woods...............:rolleyes:

Jim Becker
03-16-2006, 10:13 AM
Or...you need to become a stealth shopper.. ;)

Ken Fitzgerald
03-16-2006, 10:20 AM
Jim.........that would only work until the bills come at the end of the month!

Keith Burns
03-16-2006, 10:25 AM
Ken consider yourself lucky to have one so close. The closest one to me is 200 miles. Makes for a long day with no turning. Needless to say all my shopping is done via the internet. By the way the Beall Buffing system works great. Glad to see you having so much fun:)

Bill Oder
03-16-2006, 10:45 AM
Ken,

I have one within 25 minutes from the house... My wife just rolls her eyes when I say I'm headed to town...:D

Chip Sutherland
03-16-2006, 11:03 AM
I've got a Woodcraft, a Rockler and CurlyWoods all within 20 minutes. My wife doesn't believe me anymore when I say I'm going to run some errands.

Tyler Howell
03-16-2006, 11:22 AM
I tried to warn you!!!!
But would you listen to me:confused:
Noooooooooooo!!!!!
25 min to Woodcraft.
15 min to the Borg.
10 min to Rockler
The car knows the way;)

Dennis Peacock
03-16-2006, 11:35 AM
Ken consider yourself lucky to have one so close. The closest one to me is 200 miles. Makes for a long day with no turning. Needless to say all my shopping is done via the internet. By the way the Beall Buffing system works great. Glad to see you having so much fun:)

I hear ya buddy......!!!!!!!!!!!! My closest WC store is in Ok. City, OK..!!!!

Bob Noles
03-16-2006, 12:03 PM
Jim.........that would only work until the bills come at the end of the month!

Ken,

Makes me appreciate owning my own business and using the company credit card :D

Bernie Weishapl
03-16-2006, 12:07 PM
Yep WC is 196 miles for me. If I tell my wife I am going to run some errands she just looks at me over the top of her glasses. She knows I am probably headed to the lumber yard.

Karl Laustrup
03-16-2006, 12:26 PM
First, sorry for the loss of your aunt, Ken.

Geez, you were that close to the "Frozen Tundra" and didn't even make a side trip up to see us. :confused: :(

My wife is thinking the the WoodCraft Store in Spokane needs to move a little farther north......Maybe to Frank Pellow's neck of the woods...............:rolleyes:

Now, might I suggest having the WC store move to LEWISTON. Just think of all the gas you would save if you only had to drive a few miles. :D :D

Karl

Don Orr
03-16-2006, 1:25 PM
Ken, nice haul. Sorry about your Aunt. You're gonna love that SPINDLE roughing gouge;) and the buffing system. Enjoy!

Man are you ever in deep now. This whirlpool has got you hook, line, sinker, rod, reel, boat, trailer, salmon bonker, and more. Fun isn't it ? Any excuse to go to the toy shop is good for me. We have a WC in our area now for a couple years. Nice folks.

Round 'em up, Don.

Raymond Overman
03-16-2006, 1:36 PM
You had to fly and go 25 miles out of your way to get to a Woodcraft? Ken, you know they have the Internet on computers now and you can order stuff without having to hop a jet. Brown will bring it right to your door if you ask them nicely and you don't have to do all that mucking about on airplanes.

Condolences to you and your family in regards to your aunt. Sounds like she lived a long and fruitful life and made an good impact on you and your cousins.

John Miliunas
03-16-2006, 1:58 PM
Ken, first of all, please accept my sympathies regarding your aunt. She sounds like an upstanding person for everyone from near and far to come and pay their respects.

As for the Woodcraft, try this one on for a size: Our WC is roughly 3 minutes away from my full-time job!!!! :eek: Worse yet, I'm there 3 or 4 times a week now, as that also happens to be my part-time job!!! :D (Hey, if a guy has to work a second job, that seems to be a good a place to work as any, no??? :D ) :) :cool:

Andy Hoyt
03-16-2006, 2:42 PM
Ken - Sorry to hear about the aunts. Had to be tough.

WC is a five hour round trip for me. Eight hours minimum if I actually go into the store.

So John - Do they pay you money to work there? Or are you just in it for the green shirt?:D

John Miliunas
03-16-2006, 2:52 PM
So John - Do they pay you money to work there? Or are you just in it for the green shirt?:D

Yeah, I actually do collect a little $$$ from them! BTW, this is a "high-class" WC... I've got a nice beige colored, button-down shirt, complete with a nicely monogrammed WC logo AND, a wooden, laser engraved name tag!!! So there! :D :cool:

John Hart
03-16-2006, 3:22 PM
Gosh John....I wish I was you!:) :D

John Miliunas
03-16-2006, 3:42 PM
Gosh John....I wish I was you!:) :D

Naw, no you don't. Trust me on this one! I'd much rather take care of a couple horses than work retail!!! :D Granted, if one has to work a second job and it happens to be retail, it's not a bad place to work! The store mgr. is an OK guy and the rest of the staff are pretty knowledgeable, as well. :) I've met a ton of really nice fellow WW's and believe I've even been able to pass on some of the wisdom I've gleaned from SMC on to them. That's the satisfying part of the job. The rest of the retail-related crap is just that!!! :rolleyes: :) :cool:

Ernie Nyvall
03-16-2006, 3:52 PM
Ken, sorry to hear about your Aunt. Must have been very nice folk for you to travel so far.

Congrats on you new stuff. I've got a Wc and Rockler about 40 min from here, but the one I like the most, The Cutting Edge, is about an hour away. I hit The Cutting Edge today. They had a big ole PM 3hp table saw with extension table and rollers in the doorway... $2199.00. My TS motor just went out and I darn near reached for my billfold :eek: :eek: . It looked soooo good, but I grabbed my anchor seal and hit the road sweating.

Ernie

Dick Parr
03-16-2006, 7:39 PM
Congrats Ken, your Barbie collection is coming right along. Only 1,999 more items to get.:eek: :D