PDA

View Full Version : 60 - 6-1/8" holes in plywood

Jim Bills
03-16-2006, 9:54 AM
I have a friend in Denver who needs to cut 60 - 6-1/8" holes in a piece of 3/4" plywood. The plywood is 48"x 85". Looking for suggestions. This would seem to be an ideal application for a computer operated router. This is a one time deal, so any suggestions will be appreciated.

Is there anyone on this forum with this type equipment in the Denver, CO area?

Thanks, Jim

Keith Outten
03-16-2006, 1:26 PM
Jim,

I own a 48" by 96" ShopBot CNC router which would do the job in just a few minutes. Although the distance makes it impossible for me to do the job you will surely find a ShopBotter in the Denver area. Finding someone is easy, visit the ShopBot web site and click on the "Let's Talk ShopBot" link to their forum. You can post a message as a guest and ask for assistance, I expect you will have several people respond.

Good Luck!

http://www.shopbottools.com/

Lars Thomas
03-16-2006, 2:21 PM
If you can't go the shopbot route, you could use a router and a template.

Lee DeRaud
03-16-2006, 3:02 PM
Although the distance makes it impossible for me to do the job...Naw, UPS only charges about $8 to ship holes from VA to CO: they're bulky, but very light.:D

Frank Chaffee
03-16-2006, 4:03 PM
Naw, UPS only charges about $8 to ship holes from VA to CO: they're bulky, but very light.:DLee, I think the OP’s friend needs the hole thing, and UPS only ships the top part.
Frank