PDA

View Full Version : NOT fine woodworking! -- Guess what it is!!

Jeff Sudmeier
03-16-2006, 9:45 AM
Everyone,

I submit to you my latest project. Is it ugly? YOU BET! Does it do the job? Pefectly!! Best of all it is free, I had all of the materials in the shop :)

I will post two pictures, anyone care to guess what the heck this ugly, glue covered, non sanded, non finished hunk is?

Picture one, assembled:

Picture two: One of the peices:

Hints: The pieces are 8x12x2..

Mark Rios
03-16-2006, 9:48 AM
I'd say a car or tire ramp---raises the bottom of the car higher to change oil or the like?

Roy Wall
03-16-2006, 9:49 AM
Car ramps.

John A. Williams
03-16-2006, 9:51 AM
trailer or motor home leveling ramps

Jeff Sudmeier
03-16-2006, 9:54 AM
trailer or motor home leveling ramps

Ding ding ding!! :) That was quick and no harrasment about the looks of them, I am proud of you guys.

I have a tandem axle Travel Trailer and had problems last year leveling it. All of the blocks in the ramp are locked together with the pegs and the bottom ones have holes drilled all the way through so that they can be staked to the ground to prevent them from sliding.

They all nest together and fit in a 16x16x16 tote for storage.

I am going to paint them black so the look a little better :)

Julio Navarro
03-16-2006, 9:58 AM
its an incremental leveling or raising/lowering device

Dan Racette
03-16-2006, 12:49 PM
Camping season is coming up Jeff!!! :) Way to use up those scraps.

Jeff Sudmeier
03-16-2006, 1:54 PM

Ohh that I know! I can't wait to shut down the shop and start camping!

Don Baer
03-16-2006, 1:57 PM
Ohh that I know! I can't wait to shut down the shop and start camping!

Sacralidge...the least you could do is take a chain saw with you and cut up some stock while your out in the wilds. that could be considered wood working..:D

John Miliunas
03-16-2006, 2:06 PM
Yeah, what Don said!!!! :D :cool:

Andy Hoyt
03-16-2006, 2:26 PM
Ohh that I know! I can't wait to shut down the shop.....

Thou shalt not blaspheme in da creek.

Jeff Sudmeier
03-17-2006, 9:46 AM
Thou shalt not blaspheme in da creek.

Ohhh am I banished until further notice?!?!?! Sorry guys, camping is my first love in the summer, I probably get in 40 hours of woodoworking in 6 months, now when I can't camp, the shop is in full force! :)

Steven Shelby
03-17-2006, 11:35 AM

Ya know, now that I look at it, it has a certain "artsy" thing goin' for it... not ugly at all. Besides, the functionality is what counts. And speaking of counting: 28 days, Jeff! 28 days til the first trip!

Kurt Aebi
03-17-2006, 1:49 PM
Jeff, Jeff, Jeff......:eek:

Benchtop tools - take them camping with ya! Just clamp 'em to the picnic table and run them from an extension cord or generator!! :rolleyes: :D

Jeff Sudmeier
03-19-2006, 9:11 PM
Ya know, now that I look at it, it has a certain "artsy" thing goin' for it... not ugly at all. Besides, the functionality is what counts. And speaking of counting: 28 days, Jeff! 28 days til the first trip!

I have a little more than 28 days till the first planned trip, but I am sure we will get out in april sometime :)

I started on shutting down the shop today... cleaned it real good and packed the tools in the spare side of the garage.. I will still use the shop throughout the summer, but not at the rate as in the winter.

Mike Parzych
03-19-2006, 9:26 PM
And here I was going to guess "elaborate firewood."

Jeff Sudmeier
03-20-2006, 8:48 AM
And here I was going to guess "elaborate firewood."

That's what my old blocks are going to become!! If anyone burns one of these, they will be going in after it! :)

(They were a pain to make)