PDA

View Full Version : Gun suggestions?

Tommy Curtiss
03-16-2006, 9:20 AM
Me and the wife are going to start the construction of the new house,it will be a big undertaking, but with the help of a few buddies and a little time it should be fine, It will be a story and a 1/2 with rock about 4' off the ground with"Hardie" 12''x12' siding the rest of the way.
My question is, the way Hardie suggest you install the siding is with a 6d phuematic nailer,,,I have a framing nailer that will shoot 6d round head nails,but they say don't use that,and most of all,don't use a stapler either,,they show a picture of a "roofing gun" is what I would call it,,and suggestions would help..you can see the plan here...http://www.satterwhite-log-homes.com/g4/pages/plans/savannah.html
It is a log home plan.but we are going to build it conventionally,,(2x4walls),I will post pictures as soon as the slab is poured,,,I promise Tyler:)
And yes I will be asking for help from time to time also,,
Thank you in advance for your suggestions...........Tommy

Mike Alagna
03-16-2006, 9:31 AM
For the hardie siding you can use a roofing nailer with the longer size nails or you can buy and ancual siding nailer. It shoots a nail that is like a smaller version of a long roofing nail. Either will work but teh roofing nailer is probably more useful down the road. A good carbide saw blade will work fine for cutting the hardie siding, you don't need to buy their special blades.