PDA

View Full Version : Unhappy with Eagle America's shipping

Jon Farley
03-15-2006, 10:09 PM
Back on Saturday, March 4th I ordered an $18 Jorgensen band clamp from Eagle America. I ordered off their web site and when it came to the shipping, without paying much attention, I clicked on what I assumed was the regular shipping cost of $5.50 as opposed to the upgraded (and more expensive) 2-day and overnight shipping prices. On the following Monday the 6th, I received an e-mail saying the item had been shipped out via USPS. Well here it is NINE DAYS LATER and I still have not received it! Keep in mind I only live half a state away (in central Pennsylvania) from where they are near Cleveland, OH. I called and e-mailed them to find out what the deal was and they said I had selected their "super saver" shipping rate and can expect a shipping time of 7 to 10 days.

Super saver or not, it is really aggravating, as it is holding up my whole project. Sorry...just needed to vent about this and I'm not trying to badmouth EA, just wanted to warn others about the consequences of this "super saver" shipping.

CPeter James
03-15-2006, 10:59 PM
Then there is MSC. I can order from them at 4:00 this afternoon and the UPS truck delivers the stuff by 1:30 tomorrow. I'm in New Hampshire and the stuff comes from Harrisburg, PA. via UPS ground. If they can do it, why can't others? One of life's little mysteries.

CPeter

Bill Lewis
03-16-2006, 7:20 AM
Hey, my MIL works at that MSC! She gave me a tour of it once, the place is huge!. Massive inventory! I was like a kid in the proverbial candy store.

Both MSC, and Mcmaster are great about shipping out very fast, and only charging actual shipping costs. I have also found their prices can be very competative.

Jim Becker
03-16-2006, 9:53 AM
SuperSaver shipping often involves "batching" with the "carrier"...that is one of the reasons that the shipping time can be longer. When you are dealing with a high volume outfit, such as Amazon or Barnes and Noble, SuperSaver shipping is often just as fast as the more pricey "regular" shipping. But with a smaller firm...not necessarily so. At least in my experience. If you really need something...pay the money...and save SuperSaver for those times when you can wait for as long as it's necessary to get to you. It's a business decision... ;)