PDA

View Full Version : Jooltool??

Tyler Howell
03-15-2006, 5:00 PM
Has anybody tried the Jooltool:confused:
Can't think of a thing I'd use it for .......Yet:D http://www.jooltool.com/jooltool_finishing_package.htm (http://www.jooltool.com/jooltool_finishing_package.htm)

Don Baer
03-15-2006, 5:06 PM
Ya might be able to use it in the kitchen..

"It slices it dices it chops and puree's"

:D

Jim DeLaney
03-15-2006, 5:08 PM
Haven't tried it, but did see it demonstrated at a WW show in California last year. Kinda interesting. You hold the tool under the star-shaped rotating stone/disc, and can actually see the edge through the slots in the stone/disc.

Seemed to me like moving the tool too far left of center - into the rotation - might be an invitation to kickback. I also wondered about the projected life of the stone. The young lovely who was demo-ing the setup didn't seem to know ...

Also, as I recall, it was pretty pricey, and they were just taking orders, not actually selling product.

If it works, I'd think it would be mostly limited to chisels - maybe 1" and narrower. The 'stones' were only about 2˝" in diameter.

Disclaimer: I have not used the tool. I've only seen it being used by a (supposedly) trained spokesperson.

Vaughn McMillan
03-15-2006, 5:17 PM
I've never heard of or seen one, but I gotta say, whoever wrote their website copy must have a masters degree in Hyperbole. I mean, c'mon, this is a product description?

The JoolToolhttp://www.jooltool.com/images/tm1.jpg does more than anything out on the market today, it possesses the ability to achieve endless possibilities.

What makes the JoolToolhttp://www.jooltool.com/images/tm1.jpg truly a step above the rest, is our revolutionary, patent pending Ninja Dischttp://www.jooltool.com/images/tm1.jpg design. This innovative See-Thru Designhttp://www.jooltool.com/images/tm1.jpg will enable an exceptional clear view of the work piece, thus achieving accurate results.

;)

- Vaughn

Cecil Arnold
03-15-2006, 5:24 PM
Sounds like something written by someone with an MA who never used a tool in their life.

Mark Rios
03-15-2006, 5:39 PM
Seems kinda like late night infomercial stuff to me.:confused:

Andy Hoyt
03-15-2006, 6:00 PM
It slices! It dices! It even juliens! But wait! There's more!

It does windows, balances your checkbook, and take itself out to the trash, too!

Frank Chaffee
03-15-2006, 6:23 PM
Tyler,
I see how you may appreciate its “Innovative See-Thru Design”, which “will enable an exceptional[ly] clear view of the work piece…”, but for your purposes and at the cost of Bucks350.00, I don’t see the cost/benefit ratio working out advantageously enough for you.
Just my opinion…
Frank

Dale Thompson
03-15-2006, 9:10 PM
Tyler,
I think that you are funnin' us! :) Just because you get a few free websites on AOL or whatever doesn't mean that you should use them to turn a $3.95 Juicer into a $350.00 "must have" tool! ;) :(

You just want to use your $346.05/unit profit to buy one of my Autographed Semi-loads of scrap. :cool: As always, all you REALLY have to do is contact me with a Self-Addressed, Stamped Semi-Trailer. :eek: As for now, the autograph is FREE!! However, please enclose a check for $1200 to cover the cost of "Sliver" Insurance! ;) :)

By the way, I will NOT say a THING about any connection between a "Jooltool" and thongs!

Dale T.

richard poitras
03-15-2006, 9:45 PM
I to saw it at a wood working show in Michigan.The girl selling it was HOT! I was not sure what they were selling?

Todd Davidson
03-15-2006, 10:09 PM
Ninja Black Belt Polishing Rough! Gotta get one for Kim!! :cool:

Rob Blaustein
03-16-2006, 12:22 AM
Looks good, but probably couldn't compete with the Bassomatic (Hmm, this bass does taste good...)

Brett Baldwin
03-16-2006, 12:36 AM
If they dropped the "Ninja disc" silliness I might even take a second look at it. Ninja is soooo '80s.

Bob Swenson
03-16-2006, 12:54 AM
Tyler-------Really !!! :o

Bob

Allen Grimes
03-16-2006, 1:18 AM
it possesses the ability to achieve endless possibilities.
Hahaha, that is hilarious.

Karl Laustrup
03-16-2006, 6:47 AM
"which possesses the potential of limitless applications."

Yeah, and I have the potential of becoming a rocket scientist [look out Bruce] or David Marks, or Sam Maloof, or even 'GASP' that wonder of wizardry from the northern Wisconsin hinterlands, "PESH". ;) :D I can only dream. :)

I'd be afraid the "Ninja Wheel" would fly off and get me right between the eye.

Karl

Tyler Howell
03-16-2006, 8:19 AM
Just curious. When they first started talking about this thing. It was the end all sharpening device:confused: :confused: .
Guess there is a market some place.
I get to look at some of the new 3M stuff. Their Air fleat is located at one of my airports:cool: .

Michael Cody
03-16-2006, 10:42 AM
It was covered in Woodworkers Journal Mag's Ezine this month... I will post the line (not sure if it's allowed but WTH) ..

JoolTool WW Mag Ezine Link (http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/ezine/interview.cfm)

They seem to think well of it, I would be skeptical myself .. but it's worth the read.

Keith Barkhau
03-16-2006, 11:20 AM
But seriously guys, how could anything that comes with a roll of Ninja Finger Rap be all bad....

Steve Rowe
03-16-2006, 6:54 PM
OK, I'll bite and admit the shame - I actually own one and have had it for about a year and a half. In that time, I have learned its weaknesses and strength. The only thing that I have found that it excels at is sharpening carving chisels. The reason it excels at this is there is no hollow grind and you can actually get a convex bevel fairly easily. I don't use it for any bench chisels, lathe chisels or plane irons since it has the tendency to round off the corners. For what it is, it is quite expensive but, in the right application, it works pretty well.

Dale Thompson
03-16-2006, 8:05 PM
OK, I'll bite and admit the shame - I actually own one and have had it for about a year and a half. In that time, I have learned its weaknesses and strength. The only thing that I have found that it excels at is sharpening carving chisels. The reason it excels at this is there is no hollow grind and you can actually get a convex bevel fairly easily. I don't use it for any bench chisels, lathe chisels or plane irons since it has the tendency to round off the corners. For what it is, it is quite expensive but, in the right application, it works pretty well.

Steve,
Why did you just sit around out there and let "Howl" make a fool out of himself for the last 26 hours? :confused: Did you do it on purpose? :( He's a sensitive guy, ya know! Otherwise, why would he hide his face behind a pair of thongs? :cool: :eek: From now on, please help us out in terms of protecting his self esteem! ;) :)

Dale T.

Steve Rowe
03-16-2006, 8:48 PM
Steve,
Why did you just sit around out there and let "Howl" make a fool out of himself for the last 26 hours? :confused: Did you do it on purpose? :( He's a sensitive guy, ya know! Otherwise, why would he hide his face behind a pair of thongs? :cool: :eek: From now on, please help us out in terms of protecting his self esteem! ;) :)

Dale T.
I wondered what that picture was. As far as the rest of it goes, I had to get over my own sensitivity and admit that I actually bought one. Besides, remember Peter Sellers in the movie "Being There"? His favorite line was; "I like to watch." :D
Steve