PDA

View Full Version : House Progress Pics.

Ray Thompson
08-09-2003, 11:10 AM
Here are some progress pics of the house starting with the day we began the footer. The others are as it stands now.

Dennis Peacock
08-09-2003, 11:22 AM
Very nice Ray.....it does my heart good to see all the progress that has been made since us Arkie's and Okie's got lost and found our way to your BBQ gathering. Looks like you have made a LOT of progress sense then and a very wonderful job indeed.....I really like the style and color selection on the outside......can we camp in your house at the next gathering? ;) Just kiddin'.....

Ken Garlock
08-09-2003, 12:59 PM
That is one fine looking house. My wife would be thrilled with the bay windows(it was a must in our house) I like the way you did the gables with the shingles. It looks very warm and cozy.

Thanks for sharing with us.

John Miliunas
08-09-2003, 1:32 PM
Ray, I don't see any water, but you could easily call your new digs, the "Bayview"! As Ken mentioned, LOML would go "ga-ga" over all those beautiful bays. Very, very well done! Keep us posted and don't forget to include some inside progress pics, too! :cool:

Bruce Page
08-09-2003, 1:59 PM
That's a beautiful home Ray. I really like the "eyebrow".

Dave Heinlein
08-09-2003, 8:41 PM
Hi Ray, your new house looks great, and you must be very happy. I have a question, though. Is there a reason the dormer doesn't line up with the bow winds below it? I would think it is supposed to appear as a continous vertical arrangement.

Ray Thompson
08-09-2003, 10:53 PM
Very nice Ray.....it does my heart good to see all the progress that has been made since us Arkie's and Okie's got lost and found our way to your BBQ gathering. Looks like you have made a LOT of progress sense then and a very wonderful job indeed.....I really like the style and color selection on the outside......can we camp in your house at the next gathering? ;) Just kiddin'.....

You would not be the first, Dale Sherman camped in there at this years picnic. No windows or doors and temps in the 30's.

Ray

Ray Thompson
08-09-2003, 10:55 PM
Ray, I don't see any water, but you could easily call your new digs, the "Bayview"! As Ken mentioned, LOML would go "ga-ga" over all those beautiful bays. Very, very well done! Keep us posted and don't forget to include some inside progress pics, too! :cool:

Water is out back, a creek about 1 1/2 feet wide, but it is so grown up you can't see it this year. That is my next years project, at least one of them.

Ray

Ray Thompson
08-09-2003, 10:58 PM
Hi Ray, your new house looks great, and you must be very happy. I have a question, though. Is there a reason the dormer doesn't line up with the bow winds below it? I would think it is supposed to appear as a continous vertical arrangement.

Optical delusion, they do line up. We had a devil of a time getting it right and now it still doesn't look like they line up correctly. That was the look we were striving for and I'm a little disappointed, even though they are within 1/8".

Ray

Bruce Page
08-09-2003, 11:22 PM
Optical delusion, they do line up. We had a devil of a time getting it right and now it still doesn't look like they line up correctly. That was the look we were striving for and I'm a little disappointed, even though they are within 1/8".

Ray

Ray, I think that once you get the porch completed, it will tie everything together nicely.