PDA

View Full Version : Timberwolf blades

Julio Navarro
03-15-2006, 12:26 PM
I just ordered 4 blades form Suffolk Machinery for my new bandsaw (yup, finally got one)

They have a special running, buy 3 blades get the 4th one free; 4 blades for under $60 shipped, cant beat that.

I bought 1/8", 1/4", 3/16", and 1/2" and the half inch was the free one! Any other place would give you the cheapest one free.

Ive ordered the riser block (and yes, I ordered the blade length for the after riser length.)

as soon as I start using it I will report back.

BTW, I bought the Ridgid BS1400 and the Hercules lift to go with it. It assembled with no problem though the manual was missing. I downloaded the pdf file online and was able to put it together last night.

Brian Parker
03-15-2006, 1:16 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I'm gonna have to call on this when I get home from work.

From the Suffolk website:
For a limited time, Purchase any three silicon steel blades
from 1/8" to 1" and receive a 1/4", 3/8" or 1/2" blade free.

I have one question, when I go to the pricing page there are two prices one price for "PC, RK and HP Blades" and another price for "AS & AS-S Series"
My Question: whats the difference between the two besides the thickness?

I am thinking of getting either a 1/8 or 3/16 blade and then either one or two 3/4 and then one or two 1/2 blades. I figure they will last me for a whle which is good. I use my saw for everything from resawing some 2x10s to make a nice rabbit joint to ripping down some 1x8's into pieces to making some thin strips of hardwood to glue to the fronts of shelves for the cabinets and possibly some small work (thus the 1/8 blade) I have a 14" 105" blade bs if that helps

Mark Rios
03-15-2006, 1:27 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I'm gonna have to call on this when I get home from work.

From the Suffolk website:
For a limited time, Purchase any three silicon steel blades
from 1/8" to 1" and receive a 1/4", 3/8" or 1/2" blade free.

I have one question, when I go to the pricing page there are two prices one price for "PC, RK and HP Blades" and another price for "AS & AS-S Series"
My Question: whats the difference between the two besides the thickness?

I am thinking of getting either a 1/8 or 3/16 blade and then either one or two 3/4 and then one or two 1/2 blades. I figure they will last me for a whle which is good. I use my saw for everything from resawing some 2x10s to make a nice rabbit joint to ripping down some 1x8's into pieces to making some thin strips of hardwood to glue to the fronts of shelves for the cabinets and possibly some small work (thus the 1/8 blade) I have a 14" 105" blade bs if that helps

Brian, may I suggest that you call Suffolk and tell them what you have for a machine and what your woodworking habits are and let them tell you what you need. Then just give them your CC number. They will keep all your info on file and will only sell you what you really need. They won't upsell you unnecessarily or take advantage of you. They are very, very good, fair, and reputable to deal with. They know EXACTLY what blades you need to do anything with your bandsaw. They'll take very good care of you.

Brian Parker
03-15-2006, 1:34 PM
Thanks Mark, Its good to know that some places still have a thing called customer service and the fact that they pride themselves on it. I'll be sure to give them a call later tonight and take advantage of this deal...Being that I only have one blade now it will certainly be nice to have a few for different things.

Julio Navarro
03-15-2006, 1:48 PM
CS at Suffolk was great, all I did was tell Tom what machine I had and what I planned to do with it and he gave me all the advice I wanted.

So, as Mark said, just call them and start to chat about what you need they wont stear you wrong, promise.

lou sansone
03-15-2006, 2:02 PM
good going ... I have used them for most of my blades and been very happy
lou

Jim Becker
03-15-2006, 3:22 PM
Brian, the Timberwolf AS blades are designed to cut wet wood better...I keep the 1/2" AS around for dealing with turning stock, although it also works fine for general cutting if I don't prefer to change it out.

John Gregory
03-15-2006, 5:09 PM
I just ordered 4 blades form Suffolk Machinery for my new bandsaw (yup, finally got one)

They have a special running, buy 3 blades get the 4th one free; 4 blades for under $60 shipped, cant beat that.

I bought 1/8", 1/4", 3/16", and 1/2" and the half inch was the free one! Any other place would give you the cheapest one free.

Ive ordered the riser block (and yes, I ordered the blade length for the after riser length.)

as soon as I start using it I will report back.

BTW, I bought the Ridgid BS1400 and the Hercules lift to go with it. It assembled with no problem though the manual was missing. I downloaded the pdf file online and was able to put it together last night.

Thanks, I just ordered mine. 4 resaw blades for my BS1400 for $63.76 shipped.

John