PDA

View Full Version : Oooooooo-klahoma...where the wind...

Ned Bulken
03-15-2006, 8:27 AM
Goes whipping cross the plain...

I'm off to the bustling metropolis of Duncan OK on Saturday for two weeks of additional training with my new job. The jobsite here in NY isn't ready to ship freight as yet, so the powers that be decreed that I might as well go and get more hands-on training on the account. SO, off I go into the wild blue yonder again. Any creekers in Southern Oklahoma ? I'll be out there for two weeks, and while I expect I'll be busy during the daytime, I'll be free evenings if you're close to Duncan, or on the weekend if you're within a reasonable distance, I'd be glad to drive and get together for a cuppa joe or somesuch.

Eddie Watkins
03-15-2006, 12:14 PM
You are about to learn a new definition of windy. :eek: I had hair when I moved here. This time of year we are greatful when the gusts are under 20mph. Today they are about 35mph. Of course, on May 3, 1999 we had gusts to 317mph, so bring a hat with a chin strap.:D I'm in OKC which is about 100 miles from Duncan. Little known fact: Headquarters for Halliburton (see Dick Cheney) was in Duncan at one time.

Ned Bulken
03-15-2006, 5:29 PM
Eddie,
I'll be flying in/out of OK city on this trip. ANything I should check out up there shops or tool vendors wise? TIA

Ned

Eddie Watkins
03-16-2006, 12:05 AM
I don't know that we have anything special here. There is a Woodcraft and a couple of local equipment stores. Whitton Supply being one and Midstate Supply being the other. Midstate is in the process of closing, though. Both are closed on Saturday. I'll send a PM with some additional information.
Eddie

Dennis Peacock
03-16-2006, 8:30 AM
Well....at least wave at me as you go by Arkysaw!!!!!!:D

Ned Bulken
03-16-2006, 10:32 AM
woodcraft qualifies as 'special' in my book. we have one in Rochester NY, but I haven't been to one yet. Payday is friday, is this a dangerous thing? Nah...

Dennis, will do! I expect around 4pm or so, be looking for that dot and contrail up in the northwest sky...

Steve Clardy
03-16-2006, 12:37 PM
I went to high school in the panhandle of oklahoma. Turpin, Oklahoma. Have to slow down to about 10 mph, and really concentrate to spot it. Lol

Bill Lewis
03-16-2006, 12:44 PM
Oooooooo-klahoma

I thought you were "speaking" Hawiian when I first saw this. :p