PDA

View Full Version : Boy they make some nice stuff up in Maine

Mike Schwing
08-09-2003, 7:50 AM
Dave A from NH - thanks so much for pointing out the Lie-Nielsen Toolworks, I had a great time there!

They must have had ever tool they make there and WOW are they some nice tools. I spent about an hour and a half using the various planes/shaves/saws they had, I think I tried every one, even the scrapers!

I'm now convinced I want to buy a scraper plane, for one.

I also now know that my version of sharp is not sharp....grrrrrrr...

On a bright note - the Mrs. gave me the nod to buy whatever I wanted!

It might have been an overdose of Moody's milkshake that made her so goofy.

Nope, I'm not telling.

Ed Falis
08-09-2003, 11:13 AM
It might have been an overdose of Moody's milkshake that made her so goofy.

Nope, I'm not telling.

Nah, she was probably still in the atmosphere generated by Tahiti. I've got that place on my radar screen for our postponed honeymoon (getting married next weekend).

- Ed

Mike Schwing
08-09-2003, 12:38 PM
Nah, she was probably still in the atmosphere generated by Tahiti. I've got that place on my radar screen for our postponed honeymoon (getting married next weekend).

- Ed

Next weekend! Congrats! If I can help you with your South Seas adventure please don't hesitate to ask.

Dave Anderson NH
08-10-2003, 6:20 AM
Well Mike,I suspect you really spiked your wife's . L-N is definately a great place to stop and get into the hand tool spirit. Now you have some really hard choices to make since you have permission to buy something form Tom. Might I suggest one of everything. Hey, you'll never know if you don't try. Just be ready to duck after you ask.

Congrats Ed. I hear Woodcraft is a great place to spend a honeymoon. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Ed Falis
08-10-2003, 10:25 AM
Congrats Ed. I hear Woodcraft is a great place to spend a honeymoon. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Even better since she used to be a finish carpenter and understands tools and wood.

Mike, when we start thinking about the real honeymoon, I may send you for more info. Those pictures were impressive.

- Ed