PDA

View Full Version : BS fence, recommendations?

Julio Navarro
03-14-2006, 9:51 AM
What recommendations can you give for a bandsaw fence?

I plan on using it to do light to medium duty resaw(4" to 6"), I finally bought the Ridgid BS1400 and, of course, it comes with no fence, and had no manual as well!! Really made me upset.

I am looking at the Accusquare Bandsaw Fence. Any experiance with this fence?

tod evans
03-14-2006, 9:57 AM
julio, a homemade fence clamped to the table will serve you as well as any of the aluminum offerings on the market and when you change blades drift is much easier to compensate for....02 tod

Julio Navarro
03-14-2006, 10:12 AM
I do have a fence I made for the router table that can be clamped on the BS table. Hmm, would certainly save me money...

David Duke
03-14-2006, 10:34 AM
Julio, I bought the Kreg BS fence at last years Wood Show, I got the resaw guide and micro adjustment with it, it all works as advertised. I really like the resaw guide but for me the micro adjustment isn't really necessary because I don't use the BS for close tolerances anyway the scale will get me as close as I need to be. The fence also has an easy adjustment for drift.

As Tod said a homemade fence clamped to the table works just as well and saves you money but the uneven bottom on my table made it a PIA to get a clamp on correctly plus the resaw guide working so well for me made it worth the money I had paid.

Eddie Watkins
03-14-2006, 10:41 AM
There is plans for a "bandsaw fence system" at www.woodonline.com (http://www.woodonline.com) site that a guy I work with built and really likes. It can be downloaded.