PDA

View Full Version : Deck/Fence Sealer

Keith Starosta
03-14-2006, 8:45 AM
I know that this inquiry is going to garner more opinions than the conversations over Festool vs. EZ Smart, but I need the information. I need to seal/stain my decks and wooden fence. Which of the multitudes of products out there is the best combination of cost/durability/effectiveness? I've got a lot of wood to cover, so I'd rather not have to spend the entire tax return doing it. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your opinons, folks!!

- Keith

Kent Parker
03-14-2006, 9:28 AM
Keith,

I've tried about three different products on my redwood deck and rails and all of them fade away eventually and the wood dries out again.

Many of the boats I inspect use a product by Cetol that appears to last much longer. My only problem with it is that is it pigmented and imparts a "stained" look to the wood and I really don't like stained wood.

It might be a trade off though....Cetol makes bunches of different products for wood treatment that might be worth looking into.

Thats where I'm going next.

http://www.nam.sikkens.com/product-category.cfm?product_category=exterior

Cheers,

Kent

Jim Becker
03-14-2006, 10:34 AM
Sikkins . . .

Keith Starosta
03-14-2006, 12:35 PM
Sikkins . . .

Jim, I'll go ahead an assume that it's the name of a product, and not what my post has done to you....

:D

- Keith

Jim Becker
03-14-2006, 5:56 PM
Jim, I'll go ahead an assume that it's the name of a product, and not what my post has done to you....

Yup.............