PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly 1019Z Band Saw

Dan McLaughlin
08-08-2003, 8:49 PM
I have an opportunity to pick up a used 1019Z for about $200.00 along with some Timberwolf blades. Information seems to be limited doing a Google search. Anyone out there has one, had one or has an opinion about the 1019Z. Any recommendations. Terry Hatfield - your name came up under Google. Your comments would be appreciated as always.

Tony Sade
08-08-2003, 10:10 PM
Dan-I've had this saw for a couple of years. I purchased the riser with it and have used only Timberwolf blades. While I haven't used it extensively, it's done everything I've asked of it. The motor isn't powerful enough to whiz through resawing-I've done a bunch of white oak and cherry- so you have to take it pretty slow. If I had to do it over again, I'd probably go with a bigger saw, but that's mostly because I always lust after bigger, better stuff. For the money, I think you'll be happy. HTH, Tony

Terry Hatfield
08-08-2003, 10:14 PM
Dan,

Aren't those search engines great.... :D You put in 1019Z and out comes my name. What will they think of next. :D

I have had no problems with mine at all. I added the roller guides and the Rockler table to mine. The motor has handled anything I have thrown at it. Probably not the best choice for heavy resawing, but overall it's a good saw.

Terry

Mark Hulette
08-13-2003, 1:04 PM
I've got this saw, too, and have been satisfied with what I've wanted to do with it.

The picture you attached shows an interesting DC attachment. How does it work? Could you elaborate with a description or more pics?

Thanks!

Terry Hatfield
08-13-2003, 5:53 PM
Mark,

I cut the edge of the lower door, bent the resulting flange straight out toward the front of the saw and attached a 2X10 HVAC register boot with some machine screws and nuts. Works great. More pics and info on my site in the shop tour.

www.terryhatfield.com

Terry