PDA

View Full Version : Home with the new IRON!!!! PICS

Dennis Peacock
03-13-2006, 11:09 PM
Good Evening,

I finished up OnCall Duty at 8AM this morning. I decided last week that I was taking today off from work as soon as my oncall was over and load up the calvary and head out to Tod's place and pick up my new PM Iron. :D

Thanks to Tod and his Arkysaw 1956 SkyHook, we got'em loaded onto the trailer without much of an issue. But after seeing the crate for the jointer, I just KNEW me and the "boys" were going to be in trouble getting that baby off the trailer.:eek:

The LOML didn't get all the pics took for the uncrating of the planer, but I believe she made up for it on the uncrating of the jointer.

New PM Planer: Model 15S with Spiral cutterhead. Net weight 510 pounds.
This was the EASY one to unload.

New PM Paralellogram 8" Jointer. Net weight about 700 pounds. 83" long bed and this baby was HEAVY!!!!!!

Today, it was Ralph (a buddy of mine from work), Joseph, my 11 year old, and my youngest son Daniel, 9 years old who made the trip to North Arkansas to pick up the machines. It was a nice relaxing trip after such a hard week at work. The drive through the Ozarks was really nice, but I could have used some straighter roads with less hills. :rolleyes: :eek:

Had to take our time coming back since the trailer doesn't have trailer brakes and I didn't want to have any problems with the load on the trailer through the mountains and curvey roads. We made it home just fine.

Mark Cothren came over to help us unload. THANKS Mark!!!! The whole family came out in the shop and it was "all hands on deck" to get all this uncrated and moved around. Fortunately, the planer has it's own wheels so moving it around was no real big deal, but the JOINTER was a whole nother matter. Did I mention that that baby was big and HEAVY?!!!?!!!!

Anyway, here are some pics. More to follow as I get everything put together and setup.

Dennis Peacock
03-13-2006, 11:11 PM
And here is the last couple of pics.

A shot of the kids trying to lift the new planer!!!;)

You can see that Daniel just wanted to have some fun on one of my furniture dollies!!!! :rolleyes: :D

Thanks to Tod Evans, Mark Cothre, Ralph Lachosky, Joseph, and Daniel for all their help today.

john whittaker
03-13-2006, 11:14 PM
Sounds like a great day Dennis. I got to see both ends of your trip. Just read Tod's post showing his hillbilly "skyhook" and all the loading pics. Now you post the return trip.

Enjoy those yeller machines. I didn't say puke yeller because I like them thar colors.

Dev Emch
03-13-2006, 11:21 PM
Yummm-maaaeeee!

Bruce Page
03-13-2006, 11:31 PM
Sweet! I'm looking forward to you impressions of both machines - particularly on the jointer. (I have the model 15S's older cousin)

Congrats!

Cecil Arnold
03-13-2006, 11:44 PM
Great gloat Dennis. Mustard rules!

Alan Tolchinsky
03-14-2006, 12:09 AM
Hey Dennis, I didn't know you were in the Navy but you must be with that huge aircraft carrier you got there. A big congrats to you. How big is that fellow in the one pic? Is it just the angle or is he that big? I'll bet he could lift that baby all by himself. :)

Again congrats and may you get many years of service out of the new big iron.

Reg Mitchell
03-14-2006, 12:13 AM
nice dennis......did you get airplanes to go with it.....:eek: ....now theres no excuse for not having flat wood hehehehe....sure you wanna keep it I think I got some spair room here

Mark Singer
03-14-2006, 12:54 AM
Nice very nice stuff!!!!

Karl Laustrup
03-14-2006, 6:52 AM
WOW! All that there yellow is impressive. Those beauties should help hold the shop down. :D

Karl

Tom Pritchard
03-14-2006, 6:57 AM
Nice haul Dennis, and a great story to go with them! Getting new tools is almost as great as the stories you get as an accessory! I liked the "Arkysaw 1956 SkyHook" description! Nice goin' Dennis!

tod evans
03-14-2006, 7:08 AM
glad ya`ll made it home safely! so when do we get your review? .02 tod

Jim Hager
03-14-2006, 7:54 AM
Great haul, the tools I mean. :D I'm sure you will really enjoy the quality of the PM machines. I don't own any myself but I have always heard of their quality even from when I was just a kid. I remember getting all my new tools one day in a large haul similar to yours. My whole family was in the shop ripping off crating too. Sure is fun ain't it.

Mark Cothren
03-14-2006, 8:20 AM
All I can say is....."Ohhhh, my achin' back." :( :D

That there is some heavy iron! Really looks great - especially in Dennis' shop sittin' there close to the mustard yellar lathe...:)

Great toys/tools, Dennis! Congrats!

Tom Hamilton
03-14-2006, 8:47 AM
Congrats on the new iron, hope you have enough days off to make some chips and dust sooooon!

Enjoy the new toys, Tom

Jim Becker
03-14-2006, 8:50 AM
So many yellow "thingies" gave their lives for that big iron... :D

Congrats, Dennis! Great gear for your enjoyment!

lou sansone
03-14-2006, 8:59 AM
congrats on the new tools. looks like everyone is smiling...that is a good thing

Lou

Sparky Paessler
03-14-2006, 9:54 AM
Looking good Dennis! That jointer looks like it will do the trick! Planer looks just like mine so I know you will be pleased with it.

Tyler Howell
03-14-2006, 11:20 AM
OOOOOOOWEEEE! Baby Baby!!!!!
Love that stuff.:cool:

Don Baer
03-14-2006, 11:27 AM
Good stuff, Dennis I am sure you'll enjoy the new toys.

Steve Ash
03-14-2006, 12:30 PM
Congrats Dennis, looks like some nice iron you aquired, not to mention getting to meet creeker tod.

Andy Hoyt
03-14-2006, 12:54 PM
Nice aircraft carrier, Dennis. The tug boat aint too bad either.

On the other hand, the color needs to be modif.......:D

Michael Stafford
03-14-2006, 1:45 PM
Congratulations on the new iron, Dennis. I hope you enjoy it.

I love the pictures. My favorite has to be the one where you and Mark are standing there contemplating what to do next. Both of you have a look that says, "Dang, this thing is heavy!".

Then the picture where you are pulling the jointer off the pallet onto a dolly and Mark is standing clear...I figured as much.

And lastly, one of the boys on the dolly practicing for the luge in the next Winter olympics... Somebody had some fun!:D

Jason Tuinstra
03-14-2006, 2:02 PM
Dennis, I'm "yellow" with envy! Those are some great tools. Have fun with them!

Zahid Naqvi
03-14-2006, 2:22 PM
So how did you get your lathe to produce two offsprings without a mate :eek:
Great haul, this requires a trip to Conway

Dennis Peacock
03-14-2006, 5:59 PM
So how did you get your lathe to produce two offsprings without a mate :eek:
Great haul, this requires a trip to Conway

Whenever you get ready Zahid....just come on up.
I will be at music practice Tuesday night.
Out for group meeting on Thursday night.
In the shop Thursday, Friday night, all day Saturday and then Sunday after about 4PM.:D

Christian Aufreiter
03-15-2006, 4:25 PM
Congrats, Dennis. What a nice piece of machinery.:) Please keep us posted about your experiences. I'd be interested in the smoothness of the surface left by this jointer.

Regards,

Christian

Scott Vigder
03-15-2006, 4:28 PM
Nice score! When tornado season hits, just head for the shop!