PDA

View Full Version : Follow up wood gloat (with pictures)

Alden Miller
03-13-2006, 4:15 PM
I took the attached shot yesterday. Three of the half logs weren't milled yet. The sawmill called today, it looks like I will have about 720 bf of cherry and walnut when all is said and done.

I checked into getting the walnut stump dug out but my friends don't want a big hole in the edge of their stream. I'll just have to go back and flush cut it.

Now I've got to figure out where to store all this fine hardwood! :D

-Alden

Michael Disorbo
03-13-2006, 4:32 PM
I have just the place for your to store this fine hardwood. I just can't promise you it will be here when you need it. We have a lot of theives in this area!! :p

Michael

Jim Becker
03-13-2006, 5:33 PM
It looks "stored" already...you just need a sloped roof to keep rain from puddling on it. Outdoors is the best for air drying...air flow helps to wick moisture away evenly. Be sure the ends of those boards are sealed...AnchorSeal is the best, but any old paint will also work "ok"...

Dick Parr
03-13-2006, 8:06 PM
That's a lot of nice looking wood Alden. I agree with Jim, it looks good right there.

lou sansone
03-13-2006, 9:00 PM
nice looking pile of wood there. best wishes with it as it becomes furniture
lou

Larry Norton
03-13-2006, 11:07 PM
I'm sure my F150 would have no problems hauling it to La Plata!

Nice score, Buddy! I could sure use some of the cherry for some vanity draw fronts.

Alden Miller
03-14-2006, 6:51 AM
Thanks guys, I am supposed to go pick it up tonight. If the pile is much bigger I'll post another picture.

Larry, Larry, Larry... My Dodge Ram 3500 will have no problem hauling this. I can even tow your F150 to the shop at the same time...

Your vanity isn't done yet?? :D

-Alden

Michael Gabbay
03-14-2006, 10:27 AM
Alden - Geez I thought you had higher standards for lumber!!! Looks like a bunch of pallet scrap. :D Nice haul!

Larry - YOU ARE STILL NOT FINISHED WITH THAT VANITY???????

I thought I was slow..... :eek: