PDA

View Full Version : Shaker Doubles

Steve Ash
03-13-2006, 2:07 PM
I got the doors done and stained for my son's kitchen. He didn't want raised panel doors and picked out these style called shaker doubles. Real easy to make. the joint is nothing more than a mortise and tenon cutter and 1/4 ply in the centers. Drawer fronts are in the next pic, which I just got stained a few minutes ago. Next step shooting the poly on all of it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/GardenBay/100_1600.jpg

Steve Ash
03-13-2006, 2:08 PM
...and the drawer fronts....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/GardenBay/100_1603.jpg

Frank Chaffee
03-13-2006, 2:38 PM
Steve,
I like the clean lines of that door design. Many frame and panel profiles are too busy for my tastes, so I guess I am with your son there. Nice work, as always.
When I first saw the thread title I thought you were talking about a twin carb Barracuda!!!
Frank

Rob Blaustein
03-13-2006, 2:58 PM
Steve,
When I first saw the thread title I thought you were talking about a twin carb Barracuda!!!
Frank

And I thought it was about a very reserved game of tennis.

Rob Blaustein
03-13-2006, 3:00 PM
P.S. How do you add the pics so they're not thumbnails--I thought we couldn't that anymore?

Dan Forman
03-13-2006, 5:19 PM
Steve---Thos look really nice, bet he's going to love them. I plan to something similar for arts and crafts type cabs for my kitchen. Now that raised panels are the norm, something simpler starts to look more interesting.

Dan

Joe Chritz
03-13-2006, 5:30 PM
Looks a lot like mine. 2o degree bevel on the stick and cope cutter with flat panel and center stile.

Wasn't my first choice but the construction manager insisted as I sure everyone understands. Now that they are in I like them a lot. I did panel drawer fronts too.

Can't wait to see with finish on. What are you going to use?

Joe

Steve Ash
03-13-2006, 6:15 PM
Can't wait to see with finish on. What are you going to use?

Joe

Steve Jr. has decided on min wax golden oak stain and Zar Ultra Interior oil based fast drying polyurethane, clear gloss.

Tom Drake
03-14-2006, 5:40 AM
They look great Steve. Be sure to post more pictures when you get the finish on them.

Garry Smith
03-14-2006, 9:29 AM
Hello Steve,
Doors look good.
What brand of poly do you use for spraying?
Garry

Steve Ash
03-14-2006, 12:20 PM
What brand of poly do you use for spraying?
Garry

Zar Ultra.