PDA

View Full Version : Update, and Thank You....

Steve Ash
03-13-2006, 11:17 AM
I wasn't sure whether to put this with my other thread or start a new one, but I wanted to give an update on my Mom's condition.

But first I want to Thank all of you for your prayers, a PM, or a phone call. I've said it before and I'm going to say it again you people of SMC are like an extended family. This forum may have been set up to share information and ideas but it becomes more than that. You begin to know people and forge friendships....that being very evident when a Creeker is in need. I asked for a few prayers for Mom and you delivered....and I am humbled.

I just came home from the hospital and mom's condition has improved tremendously. Honestly the night the ambulance was called I had serious doubts my mom would make it at first. They got her temperature down from 103.7 and used cold packs to bring her body temperature down. She has no memory of anything that happened.

I went to see her yesterday afternoon and was still concerned about the stroke the paramedic mentioned, especially when I gave her a hug and she didn't move her left arm and her left eye was droopy. Well today she gave me a big hug with both arms so that concern is most likely over with. Her doctor was in before dad and I got there so what I am told by mom ( who I hope has got all of her memory back) is that she has a virus and acute pneumonia.

I told my mom that the next time dad wanted to take her to the hospital to not argue with him since he wanted to take her in the day before this happened, and do as she is told (boy they are stubborn when they get to that age:) ) she agreed. She may be able to come home as early as tomorrow or Wednesday.

In the last 10 years or so everytime I'd go over to see my mom or dad my closing statement to them was always "Well I'm glad you got to see me again" as I was leaving their house, which was always a little joke between us and a bit of a laugh from it. Today as I left the hospital and gave mom a hug and a kiss, told her I loved her, I said "well I'm glad you got to see me again"....it had a whole new meaning this time.

Again, Thanks to my extended SMC family for your thoughts and prayers in my mom's time of need......it meant a lot.

John Miliunas
03-13-2006, 11:21 AM
Yahoooooo!!! :D That's great news, Steve! :D But, the prayers will continue, in hopes of a quick and complete recovery. The best to you, your Mom and your family! We've got your back...! :) :cool:

Cecil Arnold
03-13-2006, 11:31 AM
Steve, I'm glad to hear the good news. Cherish them.

Tyler Howell
03-13-2006, 12:25 PM
(boy they are stubborn when they get to that age:) ) she agreed.

So Glad the news is good Steve. More prayers comin atcha!!!

Stubborn:eek: :eek: !!! That cranky old woman has been fighting me tooth and nail for 7 years to move to a safer and more comfortable place. She's still holding her own and I gotta have 200lbs on her:D. Still demanding to stay in charge and control of her care. She's one of the "Old time career nurses". :eek: . They are the absolute worst patients in the world;) .

A lot of good advice about taking care and spending time when you can.;)

john whittaker
03-13-2006, 12:59 PM
"Well I'm glad you got to see me again"

hehehe...same line I use on my mother every day. Thanks for sharing the good news.

Steve...Tyler, If we had a contest for the most stubborn mother.....I put all my money on..... MY MOM!!!:eek:

All mom's are great and deserve all the hugs we can muster.

William Lewis
03-13-2006, 1:48 PM
Glad to hear your mom is doing better.

William Lewis

larry merlau
03-13-2006, 2:24 PM
i wasnt aware of the trouble your mom had till you wrote this afternoon, but i too want to say that in any case i can be of assistance steve please let us know.. dont be stubborn like we both were raised. and our parents show us daily:) besides i am still hoping for a adoption to come threw in some form:)

Anthony Anderson
03-13-2006, 2:39 PM
Steve, Glad to hear your Mom is getting better. We'll keep her in our prayers. Sincerely, Bill

John Bailey
03-13-2006, 4:15 PM
Good news Steve. Send her my love.

John

Jerry Olexa
03-13-2006, 4:57 PM
Great news!!! Glad she's doing better..Answer to prayer I think.

Dick Parr
03-13-2006, 8:10 PM
That's great news Steve, so very glad to hear it. She will still stay in our prayers though.;)

Bruce Page
03-13-2006, 8:17 PM
That's great news Steve!

Tom Drake
03-14-2006, 5:00 AM
Great news Steve. Thanks for the update.