PDA

View Full Version : Weekend doin's??

Bob Lasley
08-08-2003, 9:53 AM
Good Friday Morning Everyone,

Any sawdust in your weekend plans?

My weekend will start with going to the local jazz festival tonight (and again tomorrow night). Saturday morning I am going to continue work on the knockdown bookcase I'm building. We have company coming in from out of town Saturday afternoon so the rest of the weekend will preclude woodworking :( .

Have a great weekend all,
Bob

Scott Coffelt
08-08-2003, 10:03 AM
Leaving tonight to go to a wedding in western Kansas, so unless I can sneak in a little late Sunday afternoon there will be not WW in this person's weekend.

Pete Lamberty
08-08-2003, 10:20 AM
I'll be working on a rocking chair that I designed. It has Maloof style joints, but it looks very different from his chair. Since it is my first chair of this type I am having some difficulty making and shaping it. There are some large curves that need to be shaped. None of it is glued together yet but I do have it put together, the Maloof style joints are very strong. I still have to make the shoulder crest and the slats for the back. Even though I have made some mistakes, I am happy with the way it is turning out. When it is finished, I will try to sell it. But that is something to figure out in the future. Pete

Bart Leetch
08-08-2003, 11:07 AM
Sanding, Sanding, Sanding cutting a few 2x2 studs drilling & countersinking some holes in 25 gage aluminum to screw it to the studding & fiberglass work & more sanding. This truck is to tow my 5th wheel. It is made out of a 23' motor home that I had & only has 50,000 on the drive train.

I have covered the 1/2" plywood on the back of the cab with 25 gage aluminum & have sealed the edges with fiberglass, there will be a door in the back to access the bed from the inside with out having to climb up & down. Now the whole body needs to be sanded down & little fiberglass repairs & bondo work. The roof will have a roll on rubber roof applied. Then I still need to fasten the bed down to the bunks & finish the inside & of course paint the outside. So this project won't be finished this week end.

Mike Evertsen
08-08-2003, 11:22 AM
Sanding, Sanding, Sanding cutting a few 2x2 studs drilling & countersinking some holes in 25 gage aluminum to screw it to the studding & fiberglass work & more sanding. This truck is to tow my 5th wheel. It is made out of a 23' motor home that I had & only has 50,000 on the drive train.

I have covered the 1/2" plywood on the back of the cab with 25 gage aluminum & have sealed the edges with fiberglass, there will be a door in the back to access the bed from the inside with out having to climb up & down. Now the whole body needs to be sanded down & little fiberglass repairs & bondo work. The roof will have a roll on rubber roof applied. Then I still need to fasten the bed down to the bunks & finish the inside & of course paint the outside. So this project won't be finished this week end.

Bart there not be onther on the raod like it,,,, I never would have thought that motor home would tow a fifth wheel I would like to more pictures when your done,,,,,
nieces bithday party Saturday afternoon---- watch Bears preseason game Saturday night ---work Sunday morning then into the shop----Sunday afternoon working on the enterainment center has to be done by next friday,,,,

Phil Phelps
08-08-2003, 4:59 PM
..I'm gonna wrap my finger around a golf club if it kills me. :rolleyes:

Terry Hatfield
08-08-2003, 6:21 PM
SOS...again....like a broken record....

Still trying to fight my way through these 450 hail claims. Looks like another long weekend of estimate writing. The 4th in a row. Hopefully a little time Sunday to make some more headway on the cathedral top cabinet door project.

Terry

Duane M Swensen
08-08-2003, 8:34 PM
I will be spending most of my time in the shop. It is AC so it will be nice and cool. I am working on two of these cradles, one of which will be for our first grandchild due in Oct. By the end of the week end they should be ready for stain.The picture is of the one I built for my sister last year.

Kevin Post
08-08-2003, 8:49 PM
Just returned from a week of camping with the family. Saturday will be spent celebrating my 40th birthday with a few friends ( ...and getting crap from everyone about being 'over the hill').

I'm pretty sure my wife will be giving me permission as a gift. You guys all know what that means. Now... What should I buy? I'm thinking of an Asturo HVLP setup from Homestead Finishing.

-Kevin

Jim Baker
08-08-2003, 9:09 PM
I have to work Saturday until noon. The rest of the weekend will be spent on lawn mower maintenance and working on our office cabinets.

Bruce Page
08-08-2003, 9:39 PM
I will be spending most of my time in the shop. It is AC so it will be nice and cool. I am working on two of these cradles, one of which will be for our first grandchild due in Oct. By the end of the week end they should be ready for stain.The picture is of the one I built for my sister last year.

Very Nice Duane! How many hours does one of those take?

markus shaffer
08-08-2003, 11:38 PM
I'll be staying out late tonight with some buddies to drink beer and play some bar-room foosball. Tomorrow open up the new Jet sander that came in the mail today and I suppose I'll have some sanding to do over the rest of the weekend.. If time permits, I'll see about writing a review on this Jet sander soon..

-Markus

Lloyd Robins
08-09-2003, 5:08 PM
This weekend I have finished a new bookcase for my school classroom, and I have started a 34 space horizontal file for the new and "improved" larger classroom size that my district has gone to thanks to California's budget crisis. We are going from 20 students to 30 (or more) students in a classroom in the primary grades. This is supposed to not make much of a difference in the student's progress! Sorry, I got carried away. Anyway the changes are giving me the opportunity to build some new stuff for the classroom. It is giving me a change to work with my new Bosch 1617 EVS and Bench Dog Lift set up. It works great! The LOML is being patient, but she wants me to get to work on the doors for a cabinet that I built. I guess that I better get back to work. :)

P.S. I am working with Bob Marino on a Festool 150/5. I am trying to swing one of their dust extractors (it is too expensive to call a vacuum) also. I will report back on it later.

Duane M Swensen
08-09-2003, 6:21 PM
Very Nice Duane! How many hours does one of those take?
Thanks. The last one took me 50 hrs .That includes turning the spindles and knobs plus finish.