PDA

View Full Version : Last Week and Weekend Things

Raymond Overman
03-12-2006, 10:47 PM
Here are some things I worked on last week and over the weekend. The peach bowl is the largest at about 4" D x 2 1/2" H. The cherry hollow form and bowl are about 2 1/2" in diameter. and the boxes are around 2 1/2" tall in the group picture. A couple of the boxes are older ones that I posted a while back.

The natural edge cherry piece was a cutoff from a small burl I've been saving. It had two flat sides so I decided to leave them flat and display it on it's side. How's that for lazy?

Dick Parr
03-12-2006, 10:54 PM
Very nice Raymond! I love those lidded boxes, but they all look great.:)

Ernie Nyvall
03-12-2006, 11:13 PM
Looks like you've been busy this week. I like all of them, but agree with Dick about the boxes.

Ernie

Barry Stratton
03-13-2006, 1:52 AM
Thats an impressive line-up! That peach wood is pretty neat looking.....

John Hart
03-13-2006, 6:47 AM
Wow Raymond...that's a lot of work! And nice work at that. I like everything....especially the hollowform. :)

Keith Burns
03-13-2006, 8:36 AM
Nice turnings there Raymond:) I too, like the HF the best but they all look great:)

Rich Stewart
03-13-2006, 9:44 AM
Yeah, what they all said. Great work. What is your finish of choice? I really like the shine.

Mark Cothren
03-13-2006, 10:08 AM
Very nice work, Raymond! I'm partial to the first bowl - but I like the others as well.

Thanks for the pictures!

Bernie Weishapl
03-13-2006, 10:33 AM
Great work Raymond. I also like the boxes best. All are very nice.

Raymond Overman
03-13-2006, 10:37 AM
Yeah, what they all said. Great work. What is your finish of choice? I really like the shine.

On the smaller pieces I use a spray lacquer. I have used Mylands friction polish on a few and danish oil buffed with carnauba on others with good results.

Corey Hallagan
03-13-2006, 12:52 PM
Raymond, those all look great, but I am really a fan of your boxes. Very nice indeed.

Corey

Mike Ramsey
03-13-2006, 1:45 PM
You have been a busy boy Raymond!! Great job on all! I like the Peach
bowl figure and color a lot.

David Fried
03-13-2006, 9:26 PM
You have been a busy boy Raymond!!

Busy??? I think he set up an assembly line! :D They all look great Ray - it took me a day to decide but I think the first bowl is my favorite.

Dave Fried

Raymond Overman
03-14-2006, 12:00 AM
Thank you all for the comments, encouragement, and questions. I enjoy looking at everyone's work here and the positive attitude everyone has.

The boxes are fun to turn and fairly quick. I've got a show coming up near the first of May so I'm trying to stock up on a lot of items. Any opinions on what I should charge for one of these boxes? I don't want to price myself out of my market, which is a Spring festival crowd and not a craft show crowd, but I don't want to give them away either since many of them include a piece of exotic.